WR 134

carlburton2001

This is my try at WR 134.  My processing skills really drag the image down but my book collection & YouTube watching of Pixinsight keeps growing.  Wish I could do more with the stars.  www.applewood-astro.com/wr134.html.

Thanks

Carl

Steven Panish

Nice shot Carl.  I'm going to try that!
Steve

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 10:26 AM carlburton2001 <cburton52@...> wrote:
This is my try at WR 134.  My processing skills really drag the image down but my book collection & YouTube watching of Pixinsight keeps growing.  Wish I could do more with the stars.  www.applewood-astro.com/wr134.html.

Thanks

Carl

carlburton2001

Thanks Steven
I originally posted version A.  I'm now up to version K and learning more & more about Pixinsight.  This is a good one to practice with.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your results.

Carl

Steven Panish

Hi Carl,
Here is my image:

We had a (rare) clear night here (NH) so I was able to image for about 4 hours.  The moon was almost full and came up partway through the S2, and was there for all the R,G, B.  Oh well.  Not exactly like your marathon, but this is a widefield view with my FSQ106, which at f5 is pretty fast.  Definitely could use more time on O3 and S2, there isn't the detail in that gas cloud that you have by a long shot.   The captures were:
20 x 3min H2
30 x 3 min O3
30 x 3 min S2
30 x 1 min each R, G, B

Camera: ASI 294MM Pro, ZWO filters, ZWO OAG w/ ASI290 mini guider, PHD2
Mount: AP1200
Processing was entirely AstroPixelProcesser.  I've been using it for about 6 months and am no expert.  (My intent was to try that and then try PI, but I haven't made it to PI yet.)
The image data were combined as RGBHSO to keep somewhat natural  star colors.

I'd like to see your latest version!

Steve

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 10:45 PM carlburton2001 <cburton52@...> wrote:
Thanks Steven
I originally posted version A.  I'm now up to version K and learning more & more about Pixinsight.  This is a good one to practice with.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your results.

Carl

carlburton2001

Edited

Hi Steve

First very nice image, your stars kept their color.  I too am new to my processing software, but the data from this object is great practice to develop some sort of workflow in PI.   My latest version is on my site  https://applewood-astro.com/wr134.html .

This was a pretty dim object.  I'm working on HFG1 now and the individual 30 min exposures in Ha just begin to show a very faint cloud.  I need much more data but the wx here in MI does not look favorable for collecting more data this week.  But the leaves are beginning their color here and nature sure does a great job with color...

Carl

Steven Panish

NIce!  I can see the gas cloud coming out better, which I presume is the o3.
What is HFG1?
I'll collect more o3 if we ever get clear sky.

SH2-86 is another nice but fairly dim object that would be good practice.  It doesn't get much attention.  Here is my take:

Steve

[Edited Message Follows]