WiFi Dropout Solution for Smart Devices (Sky Safari etc.) #WiFi

W Hilmo

For what it’s worth, I have had no trouble with the WiFi.

I have two use cases, visual and imaging.

When I am imaging, I have my laptop connected to the mount via Ethernet, but I have on occasion connected my iPhone to the CP4’s access point and done some ad-hoc control with SkySafari.  This is a fairly rare scenario, since my sessions are typically run either by CCDAP or SGP.  But it has always worked.

When I am doing visual work, I initialize the mount with the keypad, and then connect either my iPhone or iPad to the CP4’s access point and use SkySafari. In this scenario, I leave the device connected to the CP4 all night long.  I occasionally put the device (iPhone or iPad) to sleep while connected, and it always reconnects immediately when it wakes.

I’m sorry that there is nothing here to help the people who are having issues (and I know someone personally who is having disconnect problems that he’s not been able to resolve; I think that he’s given up on the wireless).  But I wanted to toss it out there as a data point that not everyone is having the problem.