What is the diameter and thread on the Pasil.4 polar scope?

Tom Blahovici

32 tpi.
Going to try tomorrow.
Tom

Tom Blahovici

So much for try 1.  Made a left hand thread....

Roland Christen

When I made threads I turned the threading tool upside down and threaded outwards. That made it easy to avoid crashing the tool into the chuck if I didn't lift the lever fast enough.

So much for try 1.  Made a left hand thread....

Tom Blahovici

Yes, I'm being to realize there's a lot of ways to do it. I think in my case I saw a Youtube video where the threading was outwards.  I didn't pay attention to the tool.  Also, read a few things.  In most cases, most of the instructions were incomplete.
Something like
"When I made threads I turned the threading tool upside down and threaded outwards. That made it easy to avoid crashing the tool into the chuck if I didn't lift the lever fast enough."
lol, you need to run the lathe spindle in reverse to do this!
I think?
First time. I'll get it.
Tom

Roland Christen

lol, you need to run the lathe spindle in reverse to do this!
Well yea. That's why they give you reverse.

Yes, I'm being to realize there's a lot of ways to do it. I think in my case I saw a Youtube video where the threading was outwards.  I didn't pay attention to the tool.  Also, read a few things.  In most cases, most of the instructions were incomplete.
Something like
"When I made threads I turned the threading tool upside down and threaded outwards. That made it easy to avoid crashing the tool into the chuck if I didn't lift the lever fast enough."
lol, you need to run the lathe spindle in reverse to do this!
I think?
First time. I'll get it.
Tom

Tom Blahovici

Success. Was a perfect fit.  Here's a before and after shot:

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Christopher Erickson

Beautiful!

-Christopher Erickson