Weights for 40 pound load on ap1100?

Tom Blahovici

Got my notification today! What are the weights needed for ax40 pound load on a ap1100?
Thanks!

M Hambrick

Hi Tom

If you ask George at A-P he can tell you what you will need based on your load, but for reference, when I am running my 1100 mount with a 60 pound load I need 3 X 18 lb. and 1 X 10 lb. counterweights to achieve balance. I expect that you will need a similar configuration for your 40 pound load. You want to be able to position the weights as far up the shaft as possible. With my setup, I have to position all but one of the counterweights almost all the way out on the end of the shaft. This creates a much larger moment arm.

Mike