We want your Astro and AP Equipment Images

Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Antoine PAVLIN

Hi,

This is one of my images shot last August.

This is an HaLRGB image of Bubble Nebula region I took with my QHY600 CMOS camera using my APM107/700 scope mounted on my Mach1GTO mount.

I’m an absolute fan of my Mach1GTO which operates night after night without a glitch and delivers top guiding performances.

Not sure it is good enough for you to publish, given the high level of the Astro pictures I see on this group, but I will have given my contribution …

Clear skies

Antoine

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Sans virus.www.avast.com

hawkp60@...

Hi Brian. This is a picture of my MACH2, with Takahashi 180ED, taken this last winter near Tombstone, AZ. I was actually taking a picture of some Havilina’s that startled me during a AP session.

I may have been taking subs for IC 434 and the Horsehead Nebula

Hi

I didn't see anything attached to this email?

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 1:07 PM <hawkp60@...> wrote:
Hi Brian. This is a picture of my MACH2, with Takahashi 180ED, taken this last winter near Tombstone, AZ. I was actually taking a picture of some Havilina’s that startled me during a AP session.

I may have been taking subs for IC 434 and the Horsehead Nebula

Phillip Klein

image0.jpeg

--

Mundhir

DSC03387

Sent from my mobile

On 1 Oct 2022, at 12:41 am, Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:

Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Ron Kramer

PM you these shots to where?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 4:41 PM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Ron Kramer

Ron Richard Kramer
Michigan.
RASA 11, 0094 OSC.  NO DARKS, NO FLATS, NO PIXINSIGHT!
I use APP to stack and Photoshop for color.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 4:41 PM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Scott

Not sure on the private message but here is a couple shots of my set up.
AP1200 plus DSI RC10C and TEC160.
Scott

Andrea Lucchetti

Hi, this a link to my portfolio (fi we want to call it like this :-))
and this  attached is a picture of my set up.

Thank you,
ANdrea

Il giorno ven 30 set 2022 alle ore 22:41 Brian Valente <bvalente@...> ha scritto:
Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Tony Flores

AP MACH2  AP 130GTX

Chris White

Great shot Tony!

thefamily90 Phillips

Drawings made at the eyepiece of my first AP scope, a 6” F/12 Superplanetary in 1989-90.

Jim Phillips

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Donald Rudny

Hi Brian,

I use my AP1100GTO both for my home based observatory and as a portable setup for outreach around the Big Island of Hawaii.  I do a regular outreach show at the VIS on Maunakea using a camera taking short exposure images and displaying them on a monitor.  I stack subs that are usually less than a minute in exposure.  It’s called EAA (Electronic Assisted Astronomy).  The captured images certainly aren’t astrophotography quality, but they are good enough to amaze visitors wanting to see astronomy on Maunakea.  I can even Airdrop them from my computer if they have an iPhone.  It makes for a nice souvenir.  I’ll be 75 this Tuesday and the 1100GTO is very manageable for me.  The split design makes for easy quick assembly.  The RAPAS is an invaluable tool to help speed setup.  I use SkySafari on my iPad to initialize and control the mount.  Attached are pics of my permanent pier setup and my portable setup at the VIS on Maunakea.  The AP1100GTO is by far the best piece of astronomy equipment I ever bought.

Don Rudny
Pepeekeo, HI

e62bf668-c00b-480f-bd38-2cb18ca8ddd1.jpg

b6f7e9c0-d9e7-4867-b8b0-49d6515459f5.jpg

On Oct 2, 2022, at 2:18 PM, thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...> wrote:

Drawings made at the eyepiece of my first AP scope, a 6” F/12 Superplanetary in 1989-90.

Jim Phillips

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Image.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpegImage.jpeg

Howard Ritter

Here’s my Meade 16” SCT on its original tripod, after undergoing a “mount transplant” in which it received an A-P 1600GTO AE.

Howard

image0.jpeg

View/Reply Online (#89034) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [howard.ritter@...]

_.

Eric Baumgartner

Hi, Brian:

Here is a beauty shot of my AP140EDF on a Mach1 and Eagle tripod at a recent star party in Maine, outfitted to do some white-light (Herschel wedge) solar observing.

Eric Baumgartner

Redding, CT USA

George LaBelle

--
George
Prineville, Oregon

Bob Enouen

Morning Brian!

Here are two shots of my AP1600 Non AE with my new Delta Rho 350 and a RedCat for dual imaging in the future in my permanent observatory.   I’m based in Springboro, OH which has nominally Bortle 5 skies.

I’ve been successfully imaging at 180 seconds unguided with a 300 point model.  Still processing M31 at 1x1 and 2x2 in Pixinsight to determine which is best under my skies using an ASI 6200MM. I’ll send an image asap.

Thanks, Bob

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410

Thanks, Bob

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410

On Sep 30, 2022, at 4:41 PM, Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:

Hi Astro-Nuts,

We are wrapping up the next AP tutorial and are requesting your images for inclusion

We are looking for your images in one or both of these categories:

1. Your best astro images shot with AP equipment (mount or telescope). Any target, any time

2. A beauty shot of your observing/imaging setup (doesn't have to be 100% AP equipment, but AP should be prominent in your picture)

Please PM me with your pics, astrobin link, portfolio link etc. that would be great

If we use your image, you will of course get full credit and Roland will even record your outgoing voicemail message!

(Disclaimer: Roland will not actually record outgoing message)

Thanks for the images some of you already submitted from our prior request

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi everyone,

Here's my contribution which was taken with by FSQ106 mounted on my Mach1GTO:

  1. M31, Andromeda Galaxy taken over 2 years from 30 Oct 2020 to 06 Nov 2021.
  2. M31 with an inset that shows the Cepheid variable V1. This Cepheid was used by Edwin Hubble in 1923 to determined the distance between us and Andromeda. I was pleasantly surprised that I can actually "see" V1 with my little FSQ106! (here's the link to the NASA page about V1: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/science/star-v1.html
  3. Bubble nebula (ngc7635) and Salt and pepper cluster (M52) taken over three nights (05 Sep 2021, 10 Sep 2021, 18 Sep 2021).  I captured a newly discovered nova V1405 CAS (https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-news/observing-news/bright-nova-erupts-in-cassiopeia/?fbclid=IwAR2YBIglTsY2RmRmbCB0vv7-xZ-MsPy6EzNxP_SktohEz5XgTHQXuQ9ayZs) which I didn't know about until after I captured it. This nova was discovered on 18 Mar 2021 and it was still bright in September.
  4. And a photo of my Mach1GTO and FSQ106.

cytan

Cheng-Yang Tan

And if you're wondering, all the photos were captured with the Mach1GTO+FSQ106 on the sidewalk right outside my house as photographed.

cytan