Visual vs. CCD (was Daytime...non-orthogonality)

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

Hi everyone:

Visual vs. CCD is a very interesting debate, as is the optimization of
AP products for visual use. However, I think we have strayed from the
AP GOTO topic so let's take the rest of this discussion to e-mail. Part
of this debate could be continued on ap-ug, which could use more traffic
:-)

Thanks,

Derek Wong
(list owner)

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

Whoops! Sorry for that last post Derek. I read this after sending it...

-Ray Gralak

Hi everyone:

Visual vs. CCD is a very interesting debate, as is the optimization of
AP products for visual use. However, I think we have strayed from the
AP GOTO topic so let's take the rest of this discussion to e-mail. Part
of this debate could be continued on ap-ug, which could use more traffic
:-)

Thanks,

Derek Wong
(list owner)

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

It's OK. Using the GOTO mounts, as in details of your NGC 6946 image,
and Rich's visual exploits are of general interest and are encouraged.

Derek

Ray Gralak wrote:

Whoops! Sorry for that last post Derek. I read this after sending it...

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

It's OK. Using the GOTO mounts, as in details of your NGC 6946 image,
and Rich's visual exploits are of general interest and are encouraged.

Derek
Rich and I have taken our discussion to private email... unless anybody objects! :-)))

-Ray

Gilles Grosgurin <gilles@...>

Hi Rich, Hi Ray, please keep it public. I don't think either one of you are
out of line, "au contraire" you both have had great comments about each
others opinions.... I've enjoyed all of your posting so far! I'm sorry I
didn't get a chance to make it to Lassen last weekend but I hope to see you
both soon!

BTW, I'm a new to this list! I'm the proud owner of an AP155EDFS and a
wannabe proud owner of an AP900GTO or AP1200GTO mount!

Gilles

It's OK. Using the GOTO mounts, as in details of your NGC 6946 image,
and Rich's visual exploits are of general interest and are encouraged.

Derek
Rich and I have taken our discussion to private email... unless anybody
objects! :-)))

-Ray

Experience MSN...
Get 1 FREE* month of unlimited Internet access!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6323/7/_/3615/_/962937243/

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

Gilles:

Welcome to the list! At the time we switched the ap-gto list to
egroups, the "founders" decided to keep ap-gto as a more tightly
focussed group instead of blending into ap-ug.

It is always hard to draw the line, but to me the goto group should be a
little more specific than the general group. Since you, Rich, Ray and
many of us are also on ap-ug, let's continue the discussion there. In
fact, I will throw the first punch :-)

Derek

Gilles Grosgurin wrote:

Hi Rich, Hi Ray, please keep it public. I don't think either one of you are
out of line, "au contraire" you both have had great comments about each
others opinions.... I've enjoyed all of your posting so far! I'm sorry I
didn't get a chance to make it to Lassen last weekend but I hope to see you
both soon!

BTW, I'm a new to this list! I'm the proud owner of an AP155EDFS and a
wannabe proud owner of an AP900GTO or AP1200GTO mount!

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

Hi Gilles,

Congratulations on the AP 155EDFS! Either mount will
hold it very steady for.... visual work. ;-)

I use my155EDFS on a 900GTO. I use it for both lunar and
planetary, and deep sky viewing. I love using the AP/Baader/Zeiss
binoviewer on the 155EDFS.

Hope you can make it to Lassen next year with your 155EDFS.

Rich

[...]

Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/7/_/3615/_/962938983/
I think that this discussion about goto accuracy is very interesting.
Bye
Vincent
visitez svp mon site,please visit my home page
http://www.astrosurf.org/ccd_image44

Gilles Grosgurin wrote:

Hi Rich, Hi Ray, please keep it public. I don't think either one of you
are
out of line, "au contraire" you both have had great comments about each
others opinions.... I've enjoyed all of your posting so far! I'm sorry
didn't get a chance to make it to Lassen last weekend but I hope to see
you
both soon!

BTW, I'm a new to this list! I'm the proud owner of an AP155EDFS and a
wannabe proud owner of an AP900GTO or AP1200GTO mount!
Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5536/7/_/3615/_/962947016/

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

Hi Vincent:

Go to http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-ug
Send a message to ap-us@egroups.com

Any discussion about goto accuracy is more than welcome on this group!

Derek

visonneau-vin wrote:

Hi
What must i do to subscribe AP ug?
I think that this discussion about goto accuracy is very interesting.

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

Send a message to ap-us@egroups.com
Sorry, that is ap-ug@egroups.com

Derek

Derek Wong <dawong@...>

I am really screwed up, ap-ug-subscribe@egroups.com
for subscriptions and the address below to send messages.

Sorry,

Derek

Sorry, that is ap-ug@egroups.com