Topics

USNO A2.0 Catalog Source?

Wayne Hixson

Trying to install the subject catalog for use with Pinpoint plate solving, but all the links I've tried seem to be broken. Does anyone have a current link for this catalog?

Worsel

Wayne

I believe that USNO A2.0 is not available

https://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astrometry/information/catalog-info/catalog-information-center-1

Note tht Bob Denny's recommendation to use this catalog is several years old.

http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?4694-Downloading-and-Using-PinPoint-Reference-Catalogs-(Updated-December-2013)&p=25419#post25419

Are you seeking a catalog for platesolving to position a mount or for something that is more precise, e.g.astrometry?

Bryan

Wayne Hixson

I normally use GSC but read that ASNO A2.0 was better with smaller FoVs.

On Mar 21, 2020, at 3:46 PM, Worsel via Groups.Io <bryancashion@...> wrote:

Wayne

I believe that USNO A2.0 is not available

https://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astrometry/information/catalog-info/catalog-information-center-1

Note tht Bob Denny's recommendation to use this catalog is several years old.

http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?4694-Downloading-and-Using-PinPoint-Reference-Catalogs-(Updated-December-2013)&p=25419#post25419

Are you seeking a catalog for platesolving to position a mount or for something that is more precise, e.g.astrometry?

Bryan

Greg Hartke

Hey, guys,

FWIW, I had to reload guide star catalogs at the end of 2019 and I contacted Bob Denny directly. At that time, he sent me to the second link Wayne listed below, so I would say Bob’s recommendation on this is current. I could not get the anonymous ftp to work, so I wound up downloading UNSO A2.0 from http://usnoa2.dc3.com/. Painful, but it did work.

Regards,

Greg

I believe that USNO A2.0 is not available

https://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astrometry/information/catalog-info/catalog-information-center-1

Note tht Bob Denny's recommendation to use this catalog is several years old.

http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?4694-Downloading-and-Using-PinPoint-Reference-Catalogs-(Updated-December-2013)&p=25419#post25419

Are you seeking a catalog for platesolving to position a mount or for something that is more precise, e.g.astrometry?

Bryan

Frank Widmann

I tried to download from the website, but I think they are shut down. You can do it from the DC-3 Dreams web site. It is not as bad as they make it out to be.

Frank