From: Stacey Mills <w4sm@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Dec 15, 2020 8:20 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Using other side of right ascension drive gear

A couple of years ago at NEAIC I heard someone, I think it was George, describe how to rotate the right ascension gear 180 deg so that it wears evenly on the opposite side.  I have an A-P 1600 mount with encoders.  Is this written down somewhere in a step by step format?  I'd like to do it and not have to do a lot of realigning.  Thanks!

M Hambrick

Thanks for asking this Stacey, and thanks for the answer Roland. I was just literally just thinking about asking the same question myself.

For clarification, when you say to Resume from Park 3 do you mean Resume from Last Position as if the mount was shut down in Park 3,  or are you referring to the instructions for New setup start from Park 1,2,3 or 4 ? (I am looking at page 15 of the V19.3 Keypad Manual).

Stacey Mills

Thanks.  I assume this can be done using APCC instead of the keypad?

Ray Gralak

Thanks. I assume this can be done using APCC instead of the keypad?
Yes, or using the AP V2 ASCOM driver, if you follow a similar procedure.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Thanks. I assume this can be done using APCC instead of the keypad?

Roland Christen

New Setup - Resume from Park3.