Unguided Mach2 Imaging

Larry Phillips

I thought I would report my experience regarding imaging with the Mach2 unguided using my AP 140 (focal length 1046mm).  I previously had an 80 point model and only got good images at 5 min.  I finally got around to creating a 204 point model in APPM.  I then took 5, 10, 15, & 20min exposures at-1 dec.  5 - 15 min were perfect and there was just beginning to show a little elongation at 20min only noticeable on magnification but not at full screen. BTW. my last polar alignment was 14 months ago.  Now to put it through its paces on a full image set with dithering using CCDCommander.

Larry Phillips