Two videos about the AP 175 F/8 refractor

Harley Davidson

I have two more videos.

TeleGizmos T3R6 All Weather Cover with an Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF Refractor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW37FjtnOew

Attaching A Large Refractor Telescope (by yourself) to an Equatorial mount Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2GNNHdErA

tony

Andrea Lucchetti

Tony,
If I got it, when you leave the OTA it doesn’t flip because the center of mass is inside the dovetail base. If the OTA is bigger or the latitude higher is this something to check to avoid flipping? Thank you
Andrea

Roland Christen

Attaching the 175 refractor with dovetail is doing it the hard way. Unless you're a wrestler. I first attach the dovetail and rings to the mount and open the rings. Then I simply lift the tube into the rings, close them and voila! the deed is done.

TeleGizmos T3R6 All Weather Cover with an Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF Refractor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW37FjtnOew

Attaching A Large Refractor Telescope (by yourself) to an Equatorial mount Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2GNNHdErA

tony

dvjbaja

The telegizmos cover is inside out is it not? Silver on the outside to reflect sunlight.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:22 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Attaching the 175 refractor with dovetail is doing it the hard way. Unless you're a wrestler. I first attach the dovetail and rings to the mount and open the rings. Then I simply lift the tube into the rings, close them and voila! the deed is done.

TeleGizmos T3R6 All Weather Cover with an Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF Refractor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW37FjtnOew

Attaching A Large Refractor Telescope (by yourself) to an Equatorial mount Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2GNNHdErA

tony

dvjbaja

Answering my own question.  According to the mfg. the canvas is supposed to be on the outside, silver liner on the inside.  go figure.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:40 AM John Gleason <jpgleasonid@...> wrote:
The telegizmos cover is inside out is it not? Silver on the outside to reflect sunlight.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:22 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Attaching the 175 refractor with dovetail is doing it the hard way. Unless you're a wrestler. I first attach the dovetail and rings to the mount and open the rings. Then I simply lift the tube into the rings, close them and voila! the deed is done.

TeleGizmos T3R6 All Weather Cover with an Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF Refractor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW37FjtnOew

Attaching A Large Refractor Telescope (by yourself) to an Equatorial mount Astro Physics 175 f/8 EDF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2GNNHdErA

tony

fernandorivera3

Nope. The beige color of the cover is on the OUTSIDE & the silver color is on the INSIDE. If you do it the other way around especially repeatedly you will destroy the inner protection provided by the cover.
The cheaper covers out there I think have the silver on the OUTSIDE & a medium green color on the INSIDE.

Fernando