Two APPM Questions

Shailesh Trivedi

Q1: If after creating a model, if I configure HOME (I have AP1100 with AE), does it nullify the model?

Q2: With a large APPM model, is the RA/DEC as entered in Sequence Generator Pro expected to be centered?

Last night SGP did not center the target (I forgot to check slew & center which platesolves) and it was off by a few degrees

Shailesh

Tom Blahovici

Something is off.
I just finished my model tonight, and I do not have encoders.
I skewed all over the sky using Voyager and the worse case deviation from perfect was 3 arc seconds.
Yes 3!

Ray Gralak

Q1: If after creating a model, if I configure HOME (I have AP1100 with AE), does it nullify the model?
No.

Q2: With a large APPM model, is the RA/DEC as entered in Sequence Generator Pro expected to be
centered?

Last night SGP did not center the target (I forgot to check slew & center which platesolves) and it was off by a
few degrees
Try clicking the "Plate Solve and Recal" button in APPM. This should resync your mount to the model.

-Ray

Q1: If after creating a model, if I configure HOME (I have AP1100 with AE), does it nullify the model?

Q2: With a large APPM model, is the RA/DEC as entered in Sequence Generator Pro expected to be
centered?

Last night SGP did not center the target (I forgot to check slew & center which platesolves) and it was off by a
few degrees

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Hi Tom,

I have a 294 pt model and had SGP slew to Veil Nebula but it missed by a few degrees, and I have a FSQ106 with a FL of 530mm, pretty wide.

I am disappointed.

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Thanks Ray. Do I need to point it to a target while doing Plate Solve and Recal?

Shailesh

>> Thanks Ray. Do I need to point it to a target while doing Plate Solve and Recal?

yes - and (my personal advice) it's better near the zenith. Avoid plate solve near the poles

--
Brian

Brian Valente