Trouble auto-connect ASCON driver following mount intialization

John Stiner

I have an AP1100 GTO AE-L. I connect my laptop to the CP4 via an Icron Ranger for USB over a Cat 5e/6/7 cable (not sure if that matters).   I was out of commission for 9 months awaiting camera repairs and, in the meantime, acquired a new imaging laptop with Windows 11, so I'm fairly certain this is user error due to forgetting what little I knew before.  I'm using APCC Pro v1.9.4.3 and v.5.50.03 of the ASCOM driver.  In any event, I'm trying to get everything back up and running. I initially encountered the trouble with virtual ports and so took the actions described in the post below.  I set the virtual ports to "None" in APCC's Virtual Ports tab and in the ASCOM Driver settings, I checked the "IP Address" box which showed the "APCC REST API" box, which I also checked.

New versions of APCC Standard, Pro, and AP V2 ASCOM Driver to use as an Eltima alternative (groups.io)

After powering up the amount and opening APCC, APCC now auto-initializes and, following initialization, I can click the "Connect" button for the AP V2 Driver and it connects fine.  However, despite having "Auto-Connect" box checked for the AP V2 Driver (as well as for the Mount), for whatever reason the driver never auto-connects or attempts to do so.  Rather, I have to click on the "Connect" button.  I realize there are worse problems than having to click a button but still wonder why the driver does not auto-connect.