Travel imaging dry run #Mach2GTO

KHursh

I am situated here an hour north of San Francisco and in lovely (not) Bortle 6 skies and have decided to take a 30 minute drive to Bortle 3 skies. I have taken telescopes on road trips before, but never imaging.
I have acquired cases for everything and have a Li ion power bank that I have tested with my set up.
I think I am ready to go.
What am I missing?

Jeffc

Red filter for the laptop?

Are you using any networking?  If so test with the Internet gateway “off line”.

I presume you are going with 12v for the mount.  I ran into issues with 12v instead of 24v , but that was with a heavy load.  My li-ion supply has a 120v sine wave inverter.

Where did you get your mount case?  (I presume it is the black case that is open.).  Is it much bigger than the cardboard box the mount sips in?

Thx

-jeff

On Aug 17, 2022, at 10:07 AM, KHursh via groups.io <khursh@...> wrote:

I am situated here an hour north of San Francisco and in lovely (not) Bortle 6 skies and have decided to take a 30 minute drive to Bortle 3 skies. I have taken telescopes on road trips before, but never imaging.
I have acquired cases for everything and have a Li ion power bank that I have tested with my set up.
I think I am ready to go.
What am I missing?IMG_2032.JPGIMG_2034.JPG

M Hambrick

It's probably worth making sure that all your gear will fit in your vehicle. Below is a photo of my 180EDT, Pier, 1100 mount, cameras, etc. all packed and ready for their first road trip. There was absolutely no room for anything or anyone else.

The sad part for me was that once I arrived at my destination, it rained all weekend, and none of the gear ever left the car.

Mike

KHursh

Jeff:
Good point on the internet gateway. I have a travel router and have to set it up. I use a mini pc headless, so I don't need red film. My large box you se there on the floor is almost the exact dimensions of the box the mount came in. The downside is that it is HEAVY. The upside is that it fits the mount perfectly and that I had it on hand already (it is a case for musical instruments).
I ran into some issues with 12v also. My power station did not want to run with the Mach2 connected on DC(power overload or something), so I use it on AC. I connect my other items to DC.
Mike:
That breaks my heart. I have tested the SUV and it fits. Not much room for others unfortunately.