Track past Meridian imaging

Bharath

Hi

Normally, when a slew command is issued the German equatorial mount, tries to keep the counterweight down. How do I issue a slew command to frame an object about an hour east of the meridian in a counterweight up position, so that I can image it past the meridian all the way to the western horizon. I do not have the mount with me and therefore I am unable to experiment.

Thank you
Bharath

Worsel

Bharath

IF you have APCC, then use the Meridian tab and set the Meridian Delay to whatever is needed for the object to be on the WEST side of the yellow line, in your example, at least plus one hour.

See Section 6.16 in the APCC manual, either Standard or Pro...the section is the same.  I strongly recommend reading the entire section, not jut the Meridian Delay section, to understand what the settings do.

https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-download-center/

Others can shed light on using the Keypad, which I do not use.

Bryan

Roland Christen

With the keypad use the "Flip Mount" command.