The AP YouTube Channel

Karen Christen

Edited

Hey Astronuts,

Many of you have let us know the way of the instructional future is in video.  So we’ve begun making some on a variety of topics.  Check out the Astro-Physics YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/AstroPhysicsCorp We’re steadily adding more, but you can find helpful, informative videos on these topics now:

  • Using PHD2 with your AP Non-Encoder Mount  (Encoder mount version coming soon!)
  • Using Sequence Generator Pro with your AP Mount
  • Installing and Absolute Encoder Kit on your AP 1100GTO or 1600GTO
  • APCC: Setting up Horizons
  • APCC: Setting up Connections

Let us know what you think and what topics may be most helpful for future videos.

Karen & the Astro-Folks

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Marcelo Figueroa

Oh! :D
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In all seriousness, moving on from this day, it would be a great initiative.

Wayne Hixson

Excellent! Love YouTube for practical lessons. Suggest one one using NINA with AP mounts. Like meridian flip coordination and modeling.

Wayne

Greg McCall

Seeing you have some APCC videos, perhaps one on setting up APCC for people that only do portable and have to set up each time.
It can be fiddly to set up the settings which are not in all in one spot (ie. different tabs and modules if also modelling) and particularly with different OTAs (hopefully resulting in a cheat sheet to cover all location/HW changes needed for different gear and location)

On Sat, Apr 2, 2022 at 1:24 PM Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

Bill Long

Some ideas:

Dec Arc Modeling
PEMPro Curve
Upgrading CP Control Box
Updating Keypad
Daytime Polar Alignment
Cleaning Your AP Refractor

Bill

Many of you have let us know the way of the instructional future is in video.  So we’ve begun making some on a variety of topics.  Check out the Astro-Physics YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/AstroPhysicsCorp We’re steadily adding more, but you can find helpful, informative videos on these topics now:

  • Using PHD2 with your AP Non-Encoder Mount  (Encoder mount version coming soon!)
  • Using Sequence Generator Pro with your AP Mount
  • Installing and Absolute Encoder Kit on your AP 1100GTO or 1600GTO
  • APCC: Setting up Horizons
  • APCC: Setting up Connections

Let us know what you think and what topics may be most helpful for future videos.

Karen & the Astro-Folks

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I watched the PHD2 video.  It was good.   I am going to run out backlash before I calibrate.    I have not been doing that.   The 1600 is fine, but the 900 may benefit from running out the backlash.

Bill,

Cleaning your AP Refractor is a secret.  No one touches the glass.  At least, no one admits to it.

Bill Long

Roland has a good document on how. Would make for a cool video.

I watched the PHD2 video.  It was good.   I am going to run out backlash before I calibrate.    I have not been doing that.   The 1600 is fine, but the 900 may benefit from running out the backlash.

Bill,

Cleaning your AP Refractor is a secret.  No one touches the glass.  At least, no one admits to it.

Wayne,

Dale created a webpage “Using N.I.N.A. with Astro-Physics Mounts”. We have linked it from our APCC page and are working with Dale on how to link to it or include it in from the YouTube channel.

https://daleghent.com/nina-and-astro-physics-mounts

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

Excellent! Love YouTube for practical lessons. Suggest one one using NINA with AP mounts. Like meridian flip coordination and modeling.

Wayne

Wayne Hixson

Thanks Mark!

Wayne Hixson

Marj! Darn autocorrect

Erkaslan Aygen

This absolutely lovely and excellent ! Looking forward to seeing more videos coming on.

Warm regards,
Aygen

M Hambrick

Great videos !

I would really like to see the second half of the encoder installation video.

Mike

Leon Fasano

I think your link is wrong for what you are trying to direct us to.  When I click on the link you provided, there is nothing related to AP on U tube, this site just sells field flatteners,etc.

On Friday, April 1, 2022, 08:54:37 PM CDT, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

Hey Astronuts,

Many of you have let us know the way of the instructional future is in video.  So we’ve begun making some on a variety of topics.  Check out the Astro-Physics YouTube channel at https://www.ontariotelescope.com/Large-Field-Flattener_p_1754.html   We’re steadily adding more, but you can find helpful, informative videos on these topics now:

  • Using PHD2 with your AP Non-Encoder Mount  (Encoder mount version coming soon!)
  • Using Sequence Generator Pro with your AP Mount
  • Installing and Absolute Encoder Kit on your AP 1100GTO or 1600GTO
  • APCC: Setting up Horizons
  • APCC: Setting up Connections

Let us know what you think and what topics may be most helpful for future videos.

Karen & the Astro-Folks

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Bill Long

The post was edited.

[...]

Howard Ritter

But it was pretty funny…a John Deere “field flattener" for $2 million, just the thing for bulldozing  your bottom land into a rugby pitch.

Love to know Ontario Telescope’s thinking here…

—howard

On Apr 2, 2022, at 11:07 AM, Leon Fasano via groups.io <lftscope@...> wrote:

[...]

Scott B

How about a video for mounting two OTAs side-by-side?

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android

[...]

John Jennings

Double Trouble - Steve Ray... AP130GT +TMB 92SS, soon to be AP130GT + AP155EDF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACoggrkthwn60en6A1aCrBP95cnDidmb/view?usp=sharing

John

WMarton@...

I think that this is a great list and covers topics very likely to come up.

Andy Ermolli

+1 for a video explaining the rest of the encoder installation process!

Bill Long

Yes Andy, that would be a good video! The DEC installation is practically the same, and the instruction sheet they provide is very good. They should probably encourage people to wear some surgical gloves or something while doing the install (I did wear some).

I think another good addition to Encoder Install tutorials, would be how to verify the installation was successful, what the colors mean, and for OCD people that want both lights to be blue, how to jiggle the read head cover to get it just right. The last part they don't need to include, but Roland did give a tip on here about how to do that. 😉

+1 for a video explaining the rest of the encoder installation process!