Sync with The Sky 6 Pro

Astrobob

Hi All,

I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync. Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync. Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ray Gralak

Hi Bob,

1. In APCC, park the mount at its current position (it doesn't matter where).
2. Loosen the mount's clutches and manually move the scope to the Park 3 position.
3. In APCC, unpark the mount from Park 3.
4. Try slewing to someplace in the sky using Sky6Pro.
5. If the mount goes to the correct position, then recal on a star, or plate solve and recal, if you are imaging.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Astrobob
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 10:05 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Sync with The Sky 6 Pro

Hi All,

I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync.
Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and did a resync.
Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong
direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by
several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…

Bob

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Jeff B

But I see you re-leveled the mount.  That's a change in position right.  Should you do another model?

Jeff

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

2. Loosen the mount's clutches and manually move the scope to the Park 3 position.
5. If the mount goes to the correct position, then recal on a star, or plate solve and recal, if you are imaging.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Astrobob
> Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 10:05 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] Sync with The Sky 6 Pro
>
> Hi All,
>
>
>
> I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync.
> Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync.
> Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong
> direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by
> several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…
>
>
>
> Bob
>
>
>
> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10
>
>
>
>

Ray Gralak

Yes, ultimately, the model should be redone, but this should get the mount back into a close enough position to create a new model.

Also, reading the original post, it's not clear if the model is a TPoint or APCC model.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeff B
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 6:56 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Sync with The Sky 6 Pro

But I see you re-leveled the mount. That's a change in position right. Should you do another model?

Jeff

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Astrobob
> Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 10:05 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] Sync with The Sky 6 Pro
>
> Hi All,
>
>
>
> I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t
sync.
> Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and did a
resync.
> Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the
wrong
> direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again
was off by
> several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…
>
>
>
> Bob
>
>
>
> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
>
>
>
>

Roland Christen

Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync.
What program did you slew with? What program did you sync with?

Rolando

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Jun 16, 2021 12:05 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Sync with The Sky 6 Pro

Hi All,

I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync. Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync. Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…

Bob

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Astrobob

Hi Roland,

I slewed and resynced with The Sky 6pro and my is model is by Tpoint.

Bob

Astrobob

Hi Ray,

My model is by TPoint.

Thanks, Bob

Astrobob

Hi Jeff,

I will be doing a new model once I pursue the suggestions from Ray and Roland.

Thanks,

Bob

Roland Christen

T-Point should work with sync in SkyX. I have used SkyX sync for years and never had it fail. You realize of course that T-Point will only create a pointing model. It will not give you a tracking model for unguided imaging. In my opinion T-Point without a tracking capability is now kind of obsolete since you can do that with plate solve. The better solution is to use APCC Pro which has modeling for both tracking and pointing.

Roland

Sent: Thu, Jun 17, 2021 9:43 am

Hi Roland,

I slewed and resynced with The Sky 6pro and my is model is by Tpoint.

Bob

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Astrobob

Hi Ray,

Because of my observatory setup, I need to Park at Park 1. I have no choice.

Should I follow your Park 3  advice above and then when finished following your

suggestions, can I still use Park 1 for shutdown?

Roland Christen

when finished following your
The answer to that is YES.

Rolando

Sent: Mon, Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi Ray,

Because of my observatory setup, I need to Park at Park 1. I have no choice.
Should I follow your Park 3  advice above and then when finished following your

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics