Sync with The Sky 6 Pro

Astrobob

Hi All,

I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync. Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync. Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ray Gralak

Hi Bob,

1. In APCC, park the mount at its current position (it doesn't matter where).
2. Loosen the mount's clutches and manually move the scope to the Park 3 position.
3. In APCC, unpark the mount from Park 3.
4. Try slewing to someplace in the sky using Sky6Pro.
5. If the mount goes to the correct position, then recal on a star, or plate solve and recal, if you are imaging.

-Ray

I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync.
Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and did a resync.
Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong
direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by
several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…

Bob

Jeff B

But I see you re-leveled the mount.  That's a change in position right.  Should you do another model?

Jeff

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

1. In APCC, park the mount at its current position (it doesn't matter where).
2. Loosen the mount's clutches and manually move the scope to the Park 3 position.
3. In APCC, unpark the mount from Park 3.
4. Try slewing to someplace in the sky using Sky6Pro.
5. If the mount goes to the correct position, then recal on a star, or plate solve and recal, if you are imaging.

-Ray

Ray Gralak

Yes, ultimately, the model should be redone, but this should get the mount back into a close enough position to create a new model.

Also, reading the original post, it's not clear if the model is a TPoint or APCC model.

-Ray

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,

1. In APCC, park the mount at its current position (it doesn't matter where).
2. Loosen the mount's clutches and manually move the scope to the Park 3 position.
3. In APCC, unpark the mount from Park 3.
4. Try slewing to someplace in the sky using Sky6Pro.
5. If the mount goes to the correct position, then recal on a star, or plate solve and recal, if you are imaging.

-Ray

Roland Christen

Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync.
What program did you slew with? What program did you sync with?

I’m having problems with my AP1200. The CP3 is updated. I have a large model that suddenly won’t sync. Tonight, after I slew to Vega it was off by several degrees so I centered it with the hand pad and  did a resync. Then when I went to Deneb and that was way off. So I parked the mount and found it pointing in the wrong direction on both axis. Then I releveled the mount and with the Sky6Pro slew to Vega and once again was off by several degrees. I’m running in circles. I’m sure I’m missing some step somewhere…

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Astrobob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi Roland,

I slewed and resynced with The Sky 6pro and my is model is by Tpoint.

Bob

Astrobob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi Ray,

My model is by TPoint.

Thanks, Bob

Astrobob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi Jeff,

I will be doing a new model once I pursue the suggestions from Ray and Roland.

Thanks,

Bob

Roland Christen

T-Point should work with sync in SkyX. I have used SkyX sync for years and never had it fail. You realize of course that T-Point will only create a pointing model. It will not give you a tracking model for unguided imaging. In my opinion T-Point without a tracking capability is now kind of obsolete since you can do that with plate solve. The better solution is to use APCC Pro which has modeling for both tracking and pointing.

Roland

I slewed and resynced with The Sky 6pro and my is model is by Tpoint.

Bob

Astrobob

Hi Ray,

  1. In APCC, park the mount at its current position (it doesn't matter where).
    2. Loosen the mount's clutches and manually move the scope to the Park 3 position.
    3. In APCC, unpark the mount from Park 3.
    4. Try slewing to someplace in the sky using Sky6Pro.
    5. If the mount goes to the correct position, then recal on a star, or plate solve and recal, if you are imaging.

Because of my observatory setup, I need to Park at Park 1. I have no choice.

Should I follow your Park 3  advice above and then when finished following your

suggestions, can I still use Park 1 for shutdown?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Roland Christen

when finished following your
suggestions, can I still use Park 1 for shutdown?
The answer to that is YES.