Small quirk when homing Mach2

Sébastien Doré

Hi,

I'm getting a small quirk when trying to home the mount after unparking from the ASCOM driver (in NINA). Not a big deal but I thought it would be worth reporting nonetheless.

Here's is the course of events that inevitably ends with the mount not homing properly :

1 - Starting in park 2, I manually connect to the mount with APCC.
2- Then I manually connect NINA to the mount (through ASCOM)
3 - I unpark in NINA (manually or within an imaging sequence, doesn't seem to matter)
4 - Mount start tracking (through the sequence or if I toggle tracking in APCC). I have it configured to not track upon unparking.
5 - At the end of the sequence (or manually in NINA) the mount gets parked (park 2 is my defined position). No issue up to this point.
6 - If I then unpark again from NINA and hit 'HOME' in APCC (AE tab), mount start homing itself but for some reason RA starts moving slowly too (from park 2, only DEC should start moving - or does it ?)
7 - Then DEC reaches home, and RA seem to continue drifting slowly away from the home position (East direction)
8 - If I hit 'CANCEL HOME' button in APCC (AE tab), I get a confirmation window asking if I want to cancel but the choice are :
a) Yes, find home
b) No, cancel find home

9 - If I hit 'NO - cancel find home', nothing happens ie RA keeps slowly drifting away while APCC keeps waiting for it to reaches home coordinate, which never happens.
10 - If I hit 'Yes - find home', I get an error message saying 'homing failed - canceled by user'. But then I can hit 'find home' again and it goes directly to it successfully.

So as I said, no big deal, but a bit surprising and unintuitive at first.

I'm running the lastest of all sw/fw (APCC 1.9.4.3, AP V2 5.50.3, VCP5-P02-15, NINA 2.0HF1) and have a keypad connected in ext mode with the latest version too (5.010) though I do not use it in that course of events.

I have attached my logs FYI but I'm not looking a for an ongoing support on this, just reporting so it can be fixed in a future release of whatever is at cause.

Sébastien

Ray Gralak

I believe that the "yes" in step 8 is supposed to be clicked to cancel the homing. I don't have a Mach2 to test with but maybe Mike
at A-P can check this.

-Ray