Slew Warning delay while running APPM Model

psparkman@...

I just installed the Beta version of APCC Pro, since I have had some issues with SGP Pier flips.  Tonight I am running an APPM model.  I was watching the progress and noticed something that I have not seen before.  The mount slews to a point, settles, then an orange Slew Warning comes up in the status field.  Nothing seems to be happening, but it sits there about 5-10 seconds before taking the image.  It did this on both Counter weight down and counter weight up points.

However, it now seems that the positive Dec points don't have this issue.  It only seemed to happen on the points with Dec <0.

Any ideas?

psparkman@...

Actually, as it continues it seems to be having the Slew Warning delay randomly occuring when positive Dec's as well.

Ray Gralak

"Slew warning" messages mean the mount did not reach the target coordinates within a tolerance.

You could give A-P a call tomorrow, and they should be able to suggest some commands to tune your mount to eliminate these warnings.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of psparkman via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 6:48 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Slew Warning delay while running APPM Model

Actually, as it continues it seems to be having the Slew Warning delay randomly occuring when positive Dec's
as well.

psparkman@...

Thanks Ray!  That is a little worrisome.

Ray Gralak

That is a little worrisome.
It's not anything big to worry about.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of psparkman via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 8:55 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Slew Warning delay while running APPM Model

Thanks Ray! That is a little worrisome.

Brent Boshart

Will increasing "settle time" minimize this warning?  

Brent

in my experience increasing the settle time helps, but it won't eliminate the warning

You may have flexure or balancing issues that cause the RA to not settle quickly

One thing i've done to evaluate this is save all images from an APPM run and blink through them. you can see if the stars are streaking or not (plate solve can and does solve for elongated stars, which I'm thinking can be problematic if it results in a solve that puts the stars in an incorrect position) 

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 8:29 AM Brent Boshart <bboshart@...> wrote:
Will increasing "settle time" minimize this warning?  

--
Brian 

Brian Valente