Slew Warning delay while running APPM Model

psparkman@...

I just installed the Beta version of APCC Pro, since I have had some issues with SGP Pier flips.  Tonight I am running an APPM model.  I was watching the progress and noticed something that I have not seen before.  The mount slews to a point, settles, then an orange Slew Warning comes up in the status field.  Nothing seems to be happening, but it sits there about 5-10 seconds before taking the image.  It did this on both Counter weight down and counter weight up points.

However, it now seems that the positive Dec points don't have this issue.  It only seemed to happen on the points with Dec <0.

Any ideas?

psparkman@...

Actually, as it continues it seems to be having the Slew Warning delay randomly occuring when positive Dec's as well.

Ray Gralak

"Slew warning" messages mean the mount did not reach the target coordinates within a tolerance.

You could give A-P a call tomorrow, and they should be able to suggest some commands to tune your mount to eliminate these warnings.

-Ray

Actually, as it continues it seems to be having the Slew Warning delay randomly occuring when positive Dec's
as well.

psparkman@...

Thanks Ray!  That is a little worrisome.

Ray Gralak

That is a little worrisome.
It's not anything big to worry about.

-Ray