Sky Safari - iphone - GTO

Haydon Burns

Hello Ernie,

You  appear to have really did spent some time trying to troubleshoot Sky Safari.  Impressive that you found a work around.  I originally was using Sky Safari 6 Plus and WiFi connection was reliable.  After a night of not having success with it, I upgraded to the Pro version and was having issues that may have been similar to yours with losing WiFi connection.  I reverted back to the plus version and that seemed to work better with regard to WiFi dropouts and screen freezes.

Haydon

Robert Berta

I don't have a CP5 but have a CP4 with latest updates, I am one of the early adopters of the CP4. It is used with my 1100. The issue of WIFI drop outs has been an ongoing issue from the start. I spent a lot of time and still haven't got it to maintain a robust connection with Sky Safari 6 Pro Android version on both my Android tablet and Samsung cell phone.  I gave up on the AP wireless and now just use latest SKYFI module for wireless connection. It is dead reliable and has a pretty long wireless distance to maintain connections. I use it about 25' from my mount and through a glass door wall. I suspect that the issue is the wireless component chosen by AP. Several others also report this problem. AP is aware of it but thus far  a few years now) a solution hasn't been found.

@130FeetDeep

I just wanted to circle around on this topic. With the hand controller now shipping, is SkySafari 6 Pro currently working with MACH2 with CP5? I have seen posts noting it is, but I just want to verify before downloading.

The Sky Safari folks are presently working with our tech staff to work with the Mach2 and add more functionality for other mounts.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road