Date 1 - 2 of 2
shall I update now to AP driver 5.60.03 and APPC pro 126.96.36.199 or can wait?
I am following the release of the new driver and APPC version with interest.
This is a very busy time for me and my Mach2 works nicely with NINA and previous version of AP software.
yes, I need to do more test with modeling and guiding, but it works.
I went through the list of changes and I didn't recognize any major bug corrections.
Am I right if I say that I can postpone the upgrade for the time being?
I can find the time to go shooting one night, but I think every new software/setup needs a learning curve that now it would be difficult for me to follow if something doesn't work from the beginning.
I usually upgrade immediately, but this time the change is quite substantial.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
>>>This is a very busy time for me and my Mach2 works nicely with NINA and previous version of AP software.
Based on this comment alone, I suggest you hold off on upgrading. I think it's better if you have a few days to install and test, just to make sure things are working well for you.
You don't want to be doing an upgrade and have important imaging time coming up!
Another idea - If you are on the latest release immediately prior to this, you can try switching to the REST API (if you haven't already) which is a good interim step you can do with your current software, just to make sure it's working correctly for you. https://youtu.be/QNnHKMgMoXw
And if for some reason it doesn't work properly, you can fall back to virtual ports.
If you are already using REST API, you are good to go
On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 3:09 PM Andrea Lucchetti <andlucchett@...> wrote:
astro portfolio https://www.brianvalentephotography.com/astrophotography/
|1 - 2 of 2|