Setting Up APCC with Ethernet Only #APCC

Thomas Giannaccini

I plan to only connect my laptop to my AP 1100 GTO w/ AE via Ethernet cable. Do I still need to create virtual COM ports in the initial setup? I'm guessing that I can easily change this later but am trying to keep things streamlined. 

Thank you in advance!

Tom
--
CN: HasAnyoneSeenMyNeblua

Dale Ghent

This VCP is still required for the A-P ASCOM driver to talk to APCC. It is then APCC that talks directly to the mount's CP over the chosen transport (USB/Serial, ethernet, wifi)

On Oct 22, 2021, at 18:55, Thomas Giannaccini <tgiann3@gmail.com> wrote:

I plan to only connect my laptop to my AP 1100 GTO w/ AE via Ethernet cable. Do I still need to create virtual COM ports in the initial setup? I'm guessing that I can easily change this later but am trying to keep things streamlined.

Thank you in advance!

Tom
--

Thomas Giannaccini

Thank you Dale

Tom

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 6:59 PM Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

This VCP is still required for the A-P ASCOM driver to talk to APCC. It is then APCC that talks directly to the mount's CP over the chosen transport (USB/Serial, ethernet, wifi)

> On Oct 22, 2021, at 18:55, Thomas Giannaccini <tgiann3@...> wrote:
>
> I plan to only connect my laptop to my AP 1100 GTO w/ AE via Ethernet cable. Do I still need to create virtual COM ports in the initial setup? I'm guessing that I can easily change this later but am trying to keep things streamlined.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Tom
> --
> CN: HasAnyoneSeenMyNeblua
>

--