set screw question

Peter Santangeli

Does anyone know what the length and thread of the following set screw is:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/photo/274817/3424920?p=Created%2C%2C%2C20%2C2%2C0%2C0

It's part of the Y cable. I lost it years ago, and I'd rather not throw out a perfectly good cable when all I'm missing is a screw.

pete

George

Peter,

I don’t see your photo, but you may be referring to:

Servo cable strain relief “U” clamps use

M2 x 8 mm slotted screws

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

Does anyone know what the length and thread of the following set screw is:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/photo/274817/3424920?p=Created%2C%2C%2C20%2C2%2C0%2C0

It's part of the Y cable. I lost it years ago, and I'd rather not throw out a perfectly good cable when all I'm missing is a screw.

pete

Peter Santangeli

Hi George,

I put the photo in an album called 'setscrew'. Not sure how to reference a photo on the forum here.

It' actually the little setscrew that is visible through a hole inside the connector as you rotate the piece that screws on to the controller.

pete

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 8:43 AM George <george@...> wrote:

Peter,

I don’t see your photo, but you may be referring to:

Servo cable strain relief “U” clamps use

M2 x 8 mm slotted screws

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

Does anyone know what the length and thread of the following set screw is:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/photo/274817/3424920?p=Created%2C%2C%2C20%2C2%2C0%2C0

It's part of the Y cable. I lost it years ago, and I'd rather not throw out a perfectly good cable when all I'm missing is a screw.

pete

Karen Christen

Here’s the link to the photo:

The following photos have been uploaded to the set screw album of the main@ap-gto.groups.io group.

By: Peter Santangeli <peter@...>

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Mike Dodd

On 5/4/2022 12:07 PM, Karen Christen wrote:
It's part of the Y cable. I lost it years ago, and I'd rather not
throw out a perfectly good cable when all I'm missing is a screw.
I'm guessing it's a 4-40 screw, but good luck finding one that short with a hex recess at your local screw emporium.

A better approach might be to search Digi-Key or Mouser for that same connector (it's fairly common), buy it, and harvest the screw for your A-P connector.

--- Mike

Brian McFarland

Also try McMaster-Carr. They have quite a wide variety of set screws.

M Hambrick

Hi Peter

The set screw in my Y-cable is a stainless steel 3-48 socket head set screw. The length is 1/16 inch. It takes a 0.050" Allen wrench. Oddly, I do not see that size in the McMaster catalog in stainless steel, but they have them in carbon steel.