Running PemPro and APPM

Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri

Hi all,

I have recently decided to create a new PEC using PemPro (been about  1 ½ years since I got my AP1100.  However, I have a few questions:

1)      Do I need to disable APPM before running the new PEC?

2)      Will I need to create a new model in APPM after the new PERC is installed?

Thanks,

Mikey

Roland Christen

Generally the PE curve has no effect on a sky model, so whatever model you have stored will not need to be updated or changed because of a new PE curve.

If you want to run a new PE curve, you would want to do it with the mount running at the basic sidereal rate and not with a custom rate running in the background. So, just run the mount straight up with no external software except PEMPro active.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 20, 2021 10:51 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Running PemPro and APPM

Hi all,
I have recently decided to create a new PEC using PemPro (been about  1 ½ years since I got my AP1100.  However, I have a few questions:
2)      Will I need to create a new model in APPM after the new PERC is installed?

Thanks,
Mikey

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri

Thanks.  That was what I expected, so good to know.  One more question then: even with APCC out of the loop?

M

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roland Christen via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Running PemPro and APPM

Generally the PE curve has no effect on a sky model, so whatever model you have stored will not need to be updated or changed because of a new PE curve.

If you want to run a new PE curve, you would want to do it with the mount running at the basic sidereal rate and not with a custom rate running in the background. So, just run the mount straight up with no external software except PEMPro active.

Rolando

Hi all,

Thanks,

Mikey

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ray Gralak

Thanks. That was what I expected, so good to know. One more question then: even with APCC out of the loop?
As long as tracking rate correction is turned off, you can use APCC.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:13 AM

Thanks. That was what I expected, so good to know. One more question then: even with APCC out of the loop?

M

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roland Christen via groups.io

Generally the PE curve has no effect on a sky model, so whatever model you have stored will not need to be
updated or changed because of a new PE curve.

If you want to run a new PE curve, you would want to do it with the mount running at the basic sidereal rate and
not with a custom rate running in the background. So, just run the mount straight up with no external software
except PEMPro active.

Rolando

From: Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri <mjmangieri@xcalrockets.net>

Hi all,

I have recently decided to create a new PEC using PemPro (been about 1 ½ years since I got my AP1100.
However, I have a few questions:

1) Do I need to disable APPM before running the new PEC?

2) Will I need to create a new model in APPM after the new PERC is installed?

Thanks,

Mikey

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri

Thanks.

On May 20, 2021, at 11:25 PM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

As long as tracking rate correction is turned off, you can use APCC.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:13 AM

M

Generally the PE curve has no effect on a sky model, so whatever model you have stored will not need to be
updated or changed because of a new PE curve.

If you want to run a new PE curve, you would want to do it with the mount running at the basic sidereal rate and
not with a custom rate running in the background. So, just run the mount straight up with no external software
except PEMPro active.

Rolando

From: Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri <mjmangieri@xcalrockets.net>

Hi all,

I have recently decided to create a new PEC using PemPro (been about 1 ½ years since I got my AP1100.
However, I have a few questions:

1) Do I need to disable APPM before running the new PEC?

2) Will I need to create a new model in APPM after the new PERC is installed?

Thanks,

Mikey

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics