Topics

Ring Terminals (CABPP18R) size

Bob

Would anyone know the size of the rings? Judging by the Powerwerx site I think they are either 3/8 or 1/4 inch but not sure.

Thanks
Bob

M Hambrick

Hi Bob

The nominal ID is 1/4-inch. I measured the ID at 0.255". I am not sure it matters but the OD of the rings is 0.472"

Mike

Terry White

The ring connector ID is 3/8" according to https://powerwerx.com/powerpole-pp75-supply-cable-8-gauge. It's designed to fit the Powerwerx DC power supplies.

M Hambrick

Hi Terry & Bob

I don't think Astro-Physics uses the 8-gauge cable for their CABPP18R power cable extension. They are either 10 or 12 gauge. The ring dimensions that I cited above are what I measured on my CABPP18R.

FYY the 1/4" ID ring terminals fit over the 1/4" binding posts on the 25 Amp Powerwerx Variable Voltage power supply that A-P sells (Catalog # PSVPW25A)

Mike

Bob

Thanks gents for the information. You must remember that the electrons flow upside down in the South so we have to be especially careful when powering equipment ;)