From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy Ermolli
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2022 11:13 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] REST API and GTOCP3

Quick sanity check. It looks like I cannot use REST API to connect APCC to a GTOCP3 controller, correct?
The option is just not there if I select the CP3 controller in the AP driver setup.

Andy Ermolli

Edited

Ray
Thank you! That’s what I was trying to do: Connect the V2 driver to APCC using REST API, when using the gtocp3 controller.

I’m having the same issue that I’ve had for a while. I’m trying to use the NINA AP utilities  plug-in to create an arc Dec model but I keep getting an error from appm saying that it can’t find the settings file. The file is there I checked many times. I don’t even think it’s an appm issue but I wanted to try using REST API and see if would make any difference.

I suspect that the error is in the AP Nina plug-in tho.

I can also try with the GTOCP4 on the 1100. I just happened to have the Mach1 gtocp3 already setup so that’s what prompted using the cp3 instead.

Andy Ermolli

Ray, problem solved!

There was an issue with the server port used by NINA which it turns out is the same port as Sequence Generator Pro. For some reason SGP had that port blocked even if it wasn't running. I uninstalled SGP and everything works fine now. I suppose I could have dug a bit deeper and tried to keep both programs but since I don't use SGP that was the path of least resistance.

Andy thanks for looping us back in on the solution

You originally described this as:

>>> Connect the V2 driver to APCC using REST API, when using the gtocp3 controller.

What the answer sounds like is that NINA was trying to connect via the REST API, is that correct?

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Andy Ermolli

Nina has a plug in that automatically creates a model based on some parameters set by the user.
In order for that to work APPM needs to be setup to use NINA as the camera interface. The way APPM talks to NINA and vice versa is through port 59590 which is also the same port that Sequence Generator Pro uses. This is intentional I was told.
For some reason SGP had that port reserved and blocked. This meant that APPM and NINA weren't able to talk to each other.
Once I uninstalled SGP everything worked as it should.

During my troubleshooting I was trying to connect the V2 Ascom Driver to APCC using the REST API instead of virtual ports, assuming that maybe that could have caused the issue. It turns out that wasn't the issue at all and the virtual ports work just fine. In addition to that there's the fact that I happened to have the Mach 1 GTOCP3 setup and that's when I could not find the REST API option when selecting GTOCP3 int the V2 ascom driver.

So it is a bit convoluted but the bottom line is that SGP was blocking the port that APPM and NINA should have used to talk to each other.

got it, that's what I thought

thanks Andy