Recurring error in AP V2 Ascom driver: "One or more valuesare out of range: LatSecondsLngSeconds..." #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Renan

I get this error:

- also the site elevation has one or more added zeroes but is not highlighted in blue

De: Steve Wilkins
Enviado: martes, 4 de mayo de 2021 10:40
Para: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Asunto: [ap-gto] Recurring error in AP V2 Ascom driver: "One or more valuesare out of range: LatSecondsLngSeconds..." #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Anyone striking this error?
- On starting the driver, the site latitude and longitude seconds fields are highlighted in blue.
- also the site elevation has one or more added zeroes but is not highlighted in blue
- the driver will not close until the error is corrected.
- editing the seconds fields to remove the decimal places allows me to save the site and close the driver.
- next time I use the driver the errors occur again.

I have tried updating the site also in APCC in case there is a link to the ACON driver, but this does not help.

Avast logo

Image doesn't open. Try Jpeg.

- also the site elevation has one or more added zeroes but is not highlighted in blue

- On starting the driver, the site latitude and longitude seconds fields are highlighted in blue.
- also the site elevation has one or more added zeroes but is not highlighted in blue
- the driver will not close until the error is corrected.
- editing the seconds fields to remove the decimal places allows me to save the site and close the driver.
- next time I use the driver the errors occur again.

I have tried updating the site also in APCC in case there is a link to the ACON driver, but this does not help.

Avast logo

Steve Wilkins

Here is a jpg showing the lat/long error in blue. The elevation is also wrong - was saved as 9m not 90m.

Both these errors have been corrected and the site saved, but still show up on reconnecting.

John Upton

Renan,

   From the screen shot that Steve Wilkins reposted, this looks like it may be an internationalization error between the software and your number entry.

   If you live in a country that uses the comma "," as the decimal separator but have Windows set to use a period "." as the decimal separator, you will get just this sort of error. By entering whole numbers only, the error is avoided as you found. It can also be a problem with the reverse -- that is if you enter a period and your Windows installation is set for international format with a comma, then the same error will happen.

   Try entering the decimal point in both formats and see if the error continues. If it does, maybe Ray will need to look at that section of code to make sure the conversion to decimal matches everything else.

John

Steve Wilkins

Hi John,
Looks like I may have solved this. I checked Windows number format settings and for some reason the decimal separator field was blank. I changed to . (period) and the error does not seem to be showing up again.