Recommended telescope position on powerup

Mike Mah

On AP GTO, does the declination axis position on powerup matter?

I know the RA axis should be visually aligned to Polaris and the
mount should be fairly horizontal. Is there an optimal position for
the declination axis (e.g. vertical or horizontal) that might affect
pointing or ease of setup? On other Gotos, there are recommendations
for the position of the Dec axis on powerup.

When I powerup with the dec axis vertical and after alignment using
the Polaris routine, I find that the dec axis is oblique between
vertical and horizontal when pointing at Polaris. Is this of any
consequence?

I am trying to chase down my source of ponting error of up to one
degree.

Mike Mah