Topics

Recommended APCC initialization sequence for portable setups

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Ray,
   After reading all the recent postings about APCC initialization, I'm wondering what is the recommended initialization sequence?
I do it two ways:
  1. Start APCC
    1. Do not unpark
    2. Press OK on Popup warning
    3. After messing around with other stuff like setting up my stool and other starting other programs
    4. Unpark from Park 3
    5. Polar align etc.
or this way:
  1. Start APCC
    1. Unpark from last park
    2. Park scope with Park 3
    3. After messing around with other stuff like setting up my stool and starting other programs
    4. Unpark from last park
    5. Polar align etc.
Do the above sequences give the same result at the end? I'm asking because with the 2nd way which I tried for the first time on Saturday night, I found that PoleMaster is a lot more accurate for whatever reason. But this could be sheer coincidence.

cytan

Ray Gralak

Hi Cytan,

I don't think it matters, but I would use the second way. You can have APCC turn off tracking after unparking from the Park tab if you don't want tracking enabled. The option is a checkbox called "Stop Tracking after unparking".

-Ray Gralak