Reading GPS from Primaluce Eagle 4?

Wayne Hixson

Well I've got the Environmental sensor data from the Eagle ECCO2 connected into APCC, but not th e GPS. I've tried all the COM ports but it either times out aor says COM port not available. Anyone else tried th is?

Wayne

Dale Ghent

I don't have an Eagle 4, but GPS devices are generally serial devices that spit out NMEA sentences at 4800 bps. COM devices under Windows are exclusive devices - generally only 1 app at a time can access it. If Eagle Manager is open and reading the GPS data, it would be squatting on the GPS's COM port thus preventing other apps, such as APCC, from accessing it ("COM port not available").

You can try quitting out of the Eagle Manager app completely and then trying to connect to (one of) the COM ports in APCC to see if you win the prize of being able to access the GPS COM port, whichever COM port it is on your system.