Re : Re: [ap-gto] APCC Button rates behaviors

Yves Laroche

Ray,

Just tested with my older CP3 v2 with another Windows 7 machine...

Same behaviours with both controllers (CP3 v2 (Windows 7) and CP4 p02-13 (Windows 10)).

"APCC gets a mount rate code from the mount in later versions of the firmware and uses that to look up the rates in a table provided by A-P. Earlier versions of the firmware did not use a rate code so an incorrect personality code would not matter. You probably should send a short log to Mike at A-P so that he can verify the personality returned matches what it should be for your mount."

The CP3 v2 firmware was created before 2016 and there were no rate codes at that time so probably impossible to get a personality code from that controller.

Is there something else that I'm not well understand?

Regards,
Yves

Le 04/11/22 22:29, Yves Laroche <yves.laroche@...> a écrit :
Hi Ray,

Just inspected the APCC logs'.  I found plenty of "Error,   myPersonality, No response from mount".  It seemed that my CP4 controller has lost its personality.  :-)

In reality, what is that mean?  Corrupted firmware?

Regards,
Yves

Le 04/11/22 20:50, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
Hi Yves,

> I really don't think that the personality of the controller has something to do here...same controller, same mount for
> years.  Also latest CP4 firmware installed ( P02-13 ).

APCC gets a mount rate code from the mount in later versions of the firmware and uses that to look up the rates in a table provided by A-P. Earlier versions of the firmware did not use a rate code so an incorrect personality code would not matter. You probably should send a short log to Mike at A-P so that he can verify the personality returned matches what it should be for your mount.

-Ray