RA/DEC Settings

Dennis Persyk

I recently was imaging the Veil Nebula and I needed to reposition the mount to include more of the Veil in my camera.  How do I determine the new RA/DEC and how do I slew to it the next time?

Andrea Lucchetti

You can simply plate solve the image using a software like ASTAP and copy paste the coordinates

Il giorno sab 20 ago 2022 alle 19:14 Dennis Persyk <dpersyk@...> ha scritto:
I recently was imaging the Veil Nebula and I needed to reposition the mount to include more of the Veil in my camera.  How do I determine the new RA/DEC and how do I slew to it the next time?

M Hambrick

Hi Dennis

If you have your mount connected to MaxIm DL, you can also get pretty close by using the crosshair function to locate the center of the image that you want to duplicate. Assuming that the same point in the sky is visible in field of view of your new image, just put the mouse pointer on that spot, right click, and select the "Point telescope here" option. It helps to magnify the image.

MaxIm also allows RA and Dec coordinates to be entered in their GOTO function if you want to plate solve the image.

Mike

George

Dennis,

Use APCC’s GoTo/Recal tab.   It makes it a piece of cake if you ever want to add data sometime in the future…one month…one year…or whenever!

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.