Question - tracking rates on AP mounts

Tim Khan

This past weekend in the Everglades, A question was
posed to me "does your AP1200 mount have the King
tracking rate." I checked the menu to find only the
Lunar, Solar, and Sidereal tracking rates.

The question is: does the software taken into account
the position and adujust the tracking rate due to the
atmospheric refrction effects.

Is it possible to model a tracking rate as a function
of the pointed position. I do understand that this is
complex due to the nature of the atmospheric
refraction calculations.

What is the exact difference between the two tracking
rates in arcsecs/hour?

Tim

http://im.yahoo.com/