Question re: Initial setup with GTOCP4

Jil Tardiff

Pretty sure I have this right, just wanted to verify before I powered everything up.  Goal is to run APCC and Nina.

Have a backyard setup with the ATS Pier and a 1100GTO.  I have ethernet from an extension of my mesh network wired to a small Netgear router next to the pier that currently goes just to the NUC.

Rest of the gear is a NUC + Pegasus Powerbox Ultimate V2 (PPUV2).  All powered by a Powerwerx 30A variable power supply + rig runner (except the NUC).

Proposed setup for the 1100GTO :

1) Mount powered via supplied power pole to rig runner + Powerwerx
2) Connection to the GTOCP4 is from an ethernet cable from the router (and will need to find the IP of that connection)

3) A USB 3.0 to the PPUV2 from the NUC, and a power cord from the rig runner to the PPUV2.

4) Everything else run from the PPUV2 as I have been doing with my EQ6R Pro setup.

I basically just want to verify that the only connection to the GTOCP4  I need, from either my NUC (or my laptop) is that ethernet cable from the Netgear router.

It seems so simple and straightforward that I feel like I'm missing something ...

Thanks in advance,

JT

Roger Howard

Exactly how mine is set up, except that I am direct connected from laptop to GTOCP4 via Ethernet.

Jil Tardiff

Thank you very much, Roger!

I've spent the past few months transitioning from an ASIAIR setup to a Win 10 NUC + NINA with tons of troubleshooting.  Wanted to AVOID simple mistakes when incorporating APCC + GTOCP4 and leaving the USB on the GTOCP4 vacant just stuck in my craw a bit.

Best,

JT

Peter Bresler

Frank Widmann kindly suggested a Kingdel industrial computer. It has 8 USB ports and an Ethernet connection. Everything plugs into that, which is the control computer. Then I access that computer with another one on a network using Remote PC in Win 10. It works great!

Worsel

Jill

My mount control setup is essentially the same.

Mini-PC in observatory <--> Router<--> Ethernet port on 1100
Network <--> Router
Remote access PC (TightVNC) <------> Router

You can use your router software to find the IP address assigned to the 1100 or the AP GTOCP4 software. https://www.astro-physics.com/software-updates/

Bryan

Jil Tardiff

Perfect - looking forward to getting this mount up and running!

Thanks a million for the info.

JT