problem connecting ST-7 to AP1200 GTO

John Kruis <J.A.Kruis@...>

Has anyone ever experienced problems connecting the SBIG ST-7 to the AP 1200
GTO?
When I connect the St-7 TIC-cable to the mount it starts to move westward.
I checked cable connections/pinouts but I cannot get it right. My ST-7 is
about 4-5 years old.

John Kruis

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

Hi John,

I use an ST-8E which is basically the same camera (but with a
different CCD chip) with my 1200 GTO with no problems. The
TIC cable by the way is a simple straight through 6-wire
cable you can get from Radio Shack or any other electronic
store. I would try getting another cable to see if that
is the problem. When you do start to guide with the 1200
make sure you set the button move speed down to 0.25x or
0.5x, otherwise the mount will move too fast when guiding.

-Ray Gralak

Has anyone ever experienced problems connecting the SBIG ST-7
to the AP 1200
GTO?
When I connect the St-7 TIC-cable to the mount it starts to
move westward.
I checked cable connections/pinouts but I cannot get it
right. My ST-7 is
about 4-5 years old.

John Kruis

----------
Do you love your Mother?
Click Here
http://click.egroups.com/1/3652/3/_/3615/_/956674270/
----------

Dan Knauss <dknauss@...>

John:

You might need an SBIG relay box. I needed one several years ago with
an ST-7 I was using with a VE Digitrack drive corrector. Without it, it
drove the mount continuously in right ascension. Give SBIG a call.

Dan Knauss

Has anyone ever experienced problems connecting the SBIG ST-7 to the AP
1200
GTO?
When I connect the St-7 TIC-cable to the mount it starts to move westward.
I checked cable connections/pinouts but I cannot get it right. My ST-7 is
about 4-5 years old.

John Kruis

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

Hello,
Contact A/P concerning this issue of using a ST-7 as an autoguider, and/or
controller of the telescope...call then, I have used my st-4 with no extra
equipment. please contact them at 815-282-1513 for details ok.

charles sinsofsky