Power Question

rck <rkuberek@...>

Last weekend I again sufferred the the problem of the keypad
freezing that seems to be voltage related. I had the dew zapper
and mount on one 100AH Die Hard Deep Marine Cycle battery,
and it was fully charge. When I got home, I measure the voltage
at the terminals at 12.25V with just the mount, but 11.75 with
both mount and dew zapper.

My question is, does it make sense to convert the the battery
output voltage from 12 V to 13 or 14 V so this doesn't happen?
And what device will do this? I have looked in the Digikey catalog,
and they list something called a DC-DC converter, but the rated
amperage is really low.

Regards,
Bob