Polar Alignment with V2.4

sjruss55@...

Hello Charles, I have V2.3 on my 600gto which I picked up 1/19/99. What was updated in V2.4 to allow your method of polar alignment that V2.3 does not have? The newest version of the servo box chip which will allow us to download the latest keypad updates, when will this chip be ready? If it's going to be a while, then I was thinking about getting V2.4 with the 5/13/99 chip installed since I have version 5 of the Sky. Thanks, Stephen Russell

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

Ok, I have to check my files, but if you request the inital alignment star under 2.3 and then have it autoslew to polaris, and then request back the orignal star will the mount auto slew back to that star or do you have to manual push the scope back to that star to re-run the autoslew to polaris....i can not remember if I add this featrure in 2.4 or 2.3 ...i have to check my notes.

- charles

p.s. the internet based upgrade chip for the inside of your mout is not yet ready soon.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 1999 11:01 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Polar Alignment with V2.4

Hello Charles, I have V2.3 on my 600gto which I picked up 1/19/99. What was updated in V2.4 to allow your method of polar alignment that V2.3 does not have? The newest version of the servo box chip which will allow us to download the latest keypad updates, when will this chip be ready? If it's going to be a while, then I was thinking about getting V2.4 with the 5/13/99 chip installed since I have version 5 of the Sky. Thanks, Stephen Russell
Onvia.com. Work. Wisely. eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto
www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications