polar alignement,help

visonneau-vincent <visonneau-vin@...>

Hello (excuse me formy english)
I want to know if it is important to make the tripod horizontally if i
want to use the polar scope.I have some problem with it.
The precision of my ap 900 gto isn't very good and i dont know why.I
used the next method :
"i choose a star (for exemple deneb) and then manual move the scope to
deneb. then once on deneb i use the telescope hand controller to
select
the star deneb in polar alignment mode and then auto slew it ot
polaris
after i select the star deneb. the scope will slew to polaris, at this
time i use the alt/az only to center polaris as well as you can then i
ask for re-calibrate and i choose deneb again the scope will now auto
slew to deneb by itself, when you reach deneb, then i use the 'hand
controller
key n,e,w,s buttons center deneb in a medium power eyepiece, then
press
goto, the telescope will auto calibrate the new position of deneb and
then
autoslew back to polaris, I repeat the same star 4 or 5 times, then I
choose
another star a great deal of distance away from deneb and go through
that
one 5 times and then I choose another star and do it 5 times and then
I go
back deneb and the precision ISN'T VERY GOOD and i dont understand
why?
What is the problem (celestron 8",horizontally,orthogonality(i have
the system astrophysics made for the celestron 8))
.
If someone could help me.
Bye
Vincent
FRANCE

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

When you are at Deneb for the second time, are you waiting till the scope
reaches deneb, you then use the N,S,W,E buttons, to move the star into the
center of the eyepiece, and then press MENU not GOTO, press the MENU button
to auto-slew back to polaris. I will check the code if you can press goto
and see what happens, but press MENU this will re-calibrate the position of
deneb and then auto slew back to polaris where you will use alt/az to set
the position of polaris, and then either 'next' to exit or goto to re-select
another star or the same star. I use this method all the time for my mounts
and it works fine.

- charles sinsofsky
author: Astro-Physics DigitalSky Voice and the Hand-controller for the
Goto mount. www.digitalskyvoice.com
aka: strfire@ibm.net

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto

visonneau-vincent <visonneau-vin@...>

When you are at Deneb for the second time, are you waiting till the
scope
reaches deneb, you then use the N,S,W,E buttons, to move the star
into the
center of the eyepiece, and then press MENU not GOTO, press the MENU
button
to auto-slew back to polaris. I will check the code if you can press
goto
and see what happens, but press MENU this will re-calibrate the
position of

I press menu,i make a mistake in my last mail
Sorry
Vincent

visonneau-vincent <visonneau-vin@...>

Hello again
It is just that the horizontally of tripods (or else) isn't important
when we use AP Polar Axis Finder Scope???
Bye
Vincent