Topics

pointing error with keypad

vincent.visonneau

Hi

I have an old (very old 1998!!) AP900gto, i encount some problem with pointing accuracy.

When i use safari (with skybt) and slew for exemple between a star and a planet (mirach and mars for exemple), all is ok, the two object are seen in lot of eyepiece with my mewlon 210, when i do the same operation with keypad, for the planet, the pointing is always off with the the eyepiece but when i slew stars to stars, there is no difference between safari and keypad.

Is there a probleme with time zone or else (i put legal time, timezone 00, daylight saving 0 at the moment), i live in west of france (about 1°25W), what are the good parameter?

Is there somewhere a corruption of planet database, i change the battery few month ago, generally,  i found pointing is less good than it was before...

The firmware is 4.19.

What is wrong with me?

Regards

Vincent

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Check that the date is correct.

[...]

Robert Berta

With SkySafari make sure time, date is set correctly of course BUT each time you use it check on the upper screen to see what it shows as current time/date. If you saved a setup and call it up, it may go to the date/time you saved when you did the original setup rather than current time/date. You can also select current time/date in the time menu to make sure it is current. I will initialize the mount from the hand controller but from that point on use SkySafari for goto and alignment. Don't switch back and forth between the controller and software. After a goto from the software don't try to re calibrate from the hand controller....use the software.

drgert1

I've seen the same. The ephemeris parameters in the keypad DB may have become outdated. Maybe AP will have an update. Just don't use the keypad to slew to planets for now.
Gert