Topics

Pointing and Error Correction turning off in APCC when parking at custom park position

David Trappett

Hi,

I'm having trouble with APCC turning off pointing and error correction when I slew to a custom park position.    They don't turn on again when the mount is unparked or APCC is restarted.    As the system is run autonomously by ACP Scheduler, we're missing out on the benefit of the absolute encoders on the mount.   I’ve searched the groups.io and it seems like it’s the same as this thread from 2018, but I couldn’t see a resolution to the problem on that thread.

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/topic/37384477#59954

Problem description:

If I use the ASCOM driver (V5.09.20) to park the mount at a custom park position, the Pointing Correction and Tracking Correction turn off when the park command is issued.

They do not come back on when the mount is unparked.

If I park the mount to a custom park position from within APCC (v1.7.1.5), they remain on.

If I park the mount to a pre-defined park position from the ASCOM driver or APCC, they remain on.

I have enabled pointing and tracking correction using the checkboxes in the Pointing Model Tab in APCC.

I've sent an email to Ray & Howard with log files and some more background information.

Regards,

David Trappett

Ray Gralak

Hi David,

Problem description:

If I use the ASCOM driver (V5.09.20) to park the mount at a custom park position, the Pointing Correction and
Tracking Correction turn off when the park command is issued.
This is not a problem with APCC, but with the way the driver needs to park the mount to a custom park position. All of the parks except certain custom parks are done by APCC. If the driver needs to park the mount then APCC does not take part in that so the driver needs to turn off pointing and tracking rate correction. However, we are preparing a new APCC release which allows APCC to do the type of parks that the driver does and will save the states of the correction.

Until then, if you can run the attached vbscript from ACP you can turn on pointing and tracking rate correction. You'll need to remove the ".txt" extension from the attached file.

-Ray Gralak

[...]

Thanks very much for this Ray,

I'm just a little confused as to where this should be used in ACP?

As the pointing & tracking correction turn off everytime the mount is parked, the script would need to run after every unpark.

Regards,

DT

Ray Gralak

I'm just a little confused as to where this should be used in ACP?

As the pointing & tracking correction turn off everytime the mount is parked,
the script would need to run after every unpark.
You would need to run it when unparking from the driver's custom park position. I can't tell you where that would be in ACP's script logic. You'll have to ask Bob Denny how/where to call the script if you want to do it in an automated way.

-Ray Gralak