Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

Roland Christen

Clean as a whistle! (or hound's tooth?).

From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 23, 2020 11:36 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

... and finally, the Mach2 + scope has a new look.  No guiding apparatus.

https://www.astrobin.com/yqzal0/C/
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Post that on CN and watch them drool ;^))

Rolando Stuck out tongue closed eyes

Clean as a whistle! (or hound's tooth?).

... and finally, the Mach2 + scope has a new look.  No guiding apparatus.

https://www.astrobin.com/yqzal0/C/
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Charles Thompson

Very clean implementation Dean!

Thanks,
Charles

Sent from mobile device.

... and finally, the Mach2 + scope has a new look.  No guiding apparatus.

https://www.astrobin.com/yqzal0/C/
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Roland and Charles!  The mount and software package that the AP team has put together is super nice.  Everything has worked flawlessly.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

Very nice, but I see a serious problem with the new version: The roof is closed :>)

All kidding aside I do have a dumb question. In the original version you had your workspace (desk & laptop) on the south side of the pier. Is there one particular location for the workspace that is better than another (N-S-E-W), or is it mostly a matter of personal preference ?

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Michael.

It is a little bit of personal preference and a little bit because of the configuration inside the observatory.  You can't see them but there are four piers in there.  There is a big CDK 12.5 just to the north-west of me and there is probably less than 12" of clearance between us when he has his scope pointing west and I am pointing east.  Our mains power outlets are on the south wall and that is what I am plugged into.  The backup battery sits at the base of the pier on the west side.  If I set up the computer table on the south side then I have less cable strung across the floor and I keep the center area of the observatory a little more open so everyone can get around in the dark easier.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/