Platform 6.6 Service Pack 1 is now available on the ASCOM Standards web site.

midmoastro

Anyone taken the plunge yet? Just curious if all is well.
https://www.ascom-standards.org/

Todd

Mike Dodd

On 8/18/2022 11:32 AM, midmoastro wrote:
Anyone taken the plunge yet? Just curious if all is well.
https://www.ascom-standards.org/ <https://www.ascom-standards.org/>
I installed it last night, then tested all my ASCOM-connected devices, and they all worked fine.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA
http://astronomy.mdodd.com

Howard Hedlund

Thanks for being brave, Mike!  That's good to hear.

Chris White

Brave indeed!!!

I hate mucking with ascom software unless I need to for a feature update or forced to.

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Mike,

On behalf of all of us, thank you for potentially sacrificing yourself and all your equipment on behalf of our common cause.  Let us know if you loose any body parts or seize up any of your computer software and electronics.  We will await your continued reports.  We applaud your courage.

Mike Dodd

On 8/18/2022 2:15 PM, Emilio J. Robau, P.E. wrote:
Mike,
On behalf of all of us, thank you for potentially sacrificing yourself and all your equipment on behalf of our common cause.  [...] We applaud your
courage.
Thank you. :-) I always thought ASCOM was pretty solid, so I didn't consider a big risk.

Besides, it'll be another week before the dark side of the Moon (as TV personalities are convinced) shows itself, and just short of 40 days and nights before I'll be able to image again, so there's plenty of time to fix any issues.

But no issues were found last night.

--- Mike

Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri

Yeah. I’m not sure why some think ASCOM is a problem. It’s not perfect but it allows all my gear to work together rather seamlessly.
I’ll probably give 6.6 a go soon as well.

On Aug 18, 2022, at 4:00 PM, Mike Dodd <mike@...> wrote:

On 8/18/2022 2:15 PM, Emilio J. Robau, P.E. wrote:
Mike,
On behalf of all of us, thank you for potentially sacrificing yourself and all your equipment on behalf of our common cause. [...] We applaud your
courage.
Thank you. :-) I always thought ASCOM was pretty solid, so I didn't consider a big risk.

Besides, it'll be another week before the dark side of the Moon (as TV personalities are convinced) shows itself, and just short of 40 days and nights before I'll be able to image again, so there's plenty of time to fix any issues.

But no issues were found last night.

--- Mike

midmoastro

It all depends on how much testing they do and that testing usually doesnt cover all the different scenarios out there.
its just the nature of the beast.

I did install it so if things go south I am blaming Mike :-P
If weather holds I might get time tonight.
Todd

Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri

Looks like there isn’t much in the new version that I would care about. So I’m forgoing the upgrade for now. Finally got another clear night without a full moon so I’m adding data to my M8 project.