Pier Comment / Tripod Question

lapides.family@...

Chris Spratt wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an adapter which would allow one to use
the AP600 GTO on the AP 8" pier (not the 6")?

May 18th
Dear Chris--
Why do you want the 8"? If it's because the AP catalogue doesn't offer
the 24" and 32" models take heart ...... Marj told me that AP will be
offering the 24" and 32" in the 6" model before the end of May. If it's
because you want to use the accessory trays .... I can't offer any help

Question.
I also have a AP 600 GoTo mount and a AP Stowaway. The problem I'm
having is that the AP wood tripod is too tall for that short of a scope,
and I have to stand on a stool when looking through the binoviewer close
to the horizon.
I like the AP tripod because it is so well made and solid but I am
wondeing is there any way to get the height lower --- maybe by some kind
of extentions to the accessory tray so the legs will go out further? Has
anyone experienced this problem, and is there any solution you might be
aware of?

Thank You for your help!
Sincerely, Richard Lapides in California

Paul Hyndman <pghyndman@...>

Hi All,

You might want to email or call Marj to clarify the availability of the
shorter 6" piers. Several weeks ago she mentioned that they were getting set
to cut the tubing and were going to accomodate the requests some of us had
for a shorter pier (minimum possible length is apparently 24", using the
shortest turn-buckles). She mentioned a possibility of shipping them around
the date you mentioned, but I don't know if they have any plans to make
these a regular catalog item or not... Marj?

Paul

Snip--->
Why do you want the 8"? If it's because the AP catalogue doesn't offer
the 24" and 32" models take heart ...... Marj told me that AP will be
offering the 24" and 32" in the 6" model before the end of May. If it's
because you want to use the accessory trays .... I can't offer any help

Chris Spratt

I really want the 8" as my intent is to get the AP900 GOTO in the future and I
don't want to have to spend more money on piers when one 8" will do. Waiting
time isn't a problem.

When and if I sell the 600E the tripod can go with it.

lapides.family@attglobal.net wrote:

Chris Spratt wrote:

[...]

Free Music: Take it with you! Diamond Rio MP3 Players
2 hours of play-time as low as $205.95 at eGroups' Group Buying
http://click.egroups.com/1/4186/5/_/3615/_/958691072/

To Paul and all,
Astro-Physics now offers the 6" OD piers in 24" and 32" height. All piers
are now in stock.
Marjorie Christen

You might want to email or call Marj to clarify the availability of the
shorter 6" piers. Several weeks ago she mentioned that they were getting set
to cut the tubing and were going to accomodate the requests some of us had
for a shorter pier (minimum possible length is apparently 24", using the
shortest turn-buckles). She mentioned a possibility of shipping them around
the date you mentioned, but I don't know if they have any plans to make
these a regular catalog item or not... Marj?

Paul

Snip--->
Why do you want the 8"? If it's because the AP catalogue doesn't offer
the 24" and 32" models take heart ...... Marj told me that AP will be
offering the 24" and 32" in the 6" model before the end of May. If it's
because you want to use the accessory trays .... I can't offer any help

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4052/5/_/3615/_/958692013/