Pickering's (or Fleming's) Triangle

Glenn

Any part of the Cygnus loop is a treat for visual astronomers and astrophotographers alike. The many intricacies of its structure make it unique in the night sky.

I shot Pickering's Triangle through narrowband filters with the intent of producing a Hubble palette (SHO) image. However, the SII signal was largely superimposed on the Ha and didn't add anything useful, so I left out the SII and made a bicolor image with the other two filters. Here's the link:

https://astrob.in/lyde7q/B/

Thanks for looking.

Glenn Diekmann

Andrea Lucchetti

Very well done, congratulations.

Glenn

Thank you, Andrea.

Glenn

Steven Panish

Beautiful shot Glenn.  The bicolor works.

Steve

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 8:25 PM Glenn <public@...> wrote:
Any part of the Cygnus loop is a treat for visual astronomers and astrophotographers alike. The many intricacies of its structure make it unique in the night sky.

I shot Pickering's Triangle through narrowband filters with the intent of producing a Hubble palette (SHO) image. However, the SII signal was largely superimposed on the Ha and didn't add anything useful, so I left out the SII and made a bicolor image with the other two filters. Here's the link:

https://astrob.in/lyde7q/B/

Thanks for looking.

Glenn Diekmann

Glenn

Thanks, Steve!

Glenn

Roland Christen

Gorgeous.

Any part of the Cygnus loop is a treat for visual astronomers and astrophotographers alike. The many intricacies of its structure make it unique in the night sky.

I shot Pickering's Triangle through narrowband filters with the intent of producing a Hubble palette (SHO) image. However, the SII signal was largely superimposed on the Ha and didn't add anything useful, so I left out the SII and made a bicolor image with the other two filters. Here's the link:

https://astrob.in/lyde7q/B/

Thanks for looking.

Glenn Diekmann

Glenn