From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of CurtisC via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2021 9:53 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] PEMPro v.3.0031

I'm trying to use PEMPro's PEC function for the first time since Sep 2020. At that time, I used it successfully
numerous times. A few nights ago I successfully used the polar-alignment function. But on the PEC screen I get a
continuous spinning-wheel-of-death. This is Windows 10. If I try to do anything useful, I get a "not responding."

Where should I look for the log?

CurtisC

I guess something got lost in the messaging.  I'm looking for the log.  Where should I expect to find it?

In the meantime, of course the camera's not connecting.  Neither is the mount.  I can't get to the point where PEMPro lets me connect them.  I get a spinning-wheel-of-death, and it won't let me proceed.  The version I'm using is whatever was available on the PEMPro website late last summer.  If it was a beta version, then I was unaware of that.

CurtisC

I should add that my other software is working fine.  I imaged last night, it's set up for tonight.  There's an oddity that TSX has suddenly decided that it wants to install MaxPoint.  But I can kill that and proceed.

Ray Gralak

What you described doesn't make sense to me. Why would a Software Bisque application (SkyX) try to install software from another vendor? (MaxPoint is made by Diffraction Limited).

If you need PEMPro support, please post the full details of your setup (mount, camera, software versions, etc.) and PEMPro logs on the CCDWare PEMPro forum. Here's the link:

https://ccdware.infopop.cc/forum/pempro

Thanks!!

-Ray

I should add that my other software is working fine. I imaged last night, it's set up for tonight. There's an oddity that
TSX has suddenly decided that it wants to install MaxPoint. But I can kill that and proceed.

CurtisC

I'm just trying to find a log for PEMPro.  But -- you're right -- I don't use MaxPoint, so I had a mistaken idea about the publisher.

Ray Gralak

Hi Curtis,

I'm just trying to find a log for PEMPro.
You should use the Log Zipper utility, which is available from PEMPro's Wizard's menu. Please include the debug logs, which is an option in the Log Zipper utility.

BTW, please make sure you have tried with version 3.00.43. You are using 3.00.31. You can get the updated version by clicking Check for Updates in PEMPro's help menu.

-Ray