PEMPro connection

legendtrail@...

What do I need to do to get past this message?

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

legendtrail write: 

> What do I need to do to get past this message

The picture is so small I doubt anyone can read the message, unless they just recognize the shape  (it could be the forum software resized it?).  Perhaps type in the actual message text?

Unless it's just me?  Old eyes? 

Ray Gralak

Can you post a larger screenshot? The text is unreadable.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of legendtrail via groups.io
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 10:57 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] PEMPro connection

legendtrail@...

Ray Gralak

This appears to be an Astro-Physics PEMPro V3 license, so to activate it on your computer you need to connect PEMPro to an Astro-Physics mount with a GTOCP4 or GTOCP3 with a V or later chip.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of legendtrail via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] PEMPro connection

legendtrail@...

When I click on the connect button, I get this message. I could not find anywhere, another instruction on
how to connect. So please, detail what it is you're asking me to do.

Ray Gralak

When I click on the connect button, I get this message. I could not find anywhere, another instruction on
PEMPro comes with a comprehensive help file. Have you seen the section for the steps for PEMProV3 supplied with an Astro-Physics mount? Here is an online link to the same section:

https://www.siriusimaging.com/Help/PEMProV3/index.html?installation_ap.html

-Ray

Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 8:07 AM

legendtrail@...

I'm sorry, apparently I'm not making myself understood. This is appearing after clicking connect in PEMPro v3. The mount is an 1100GTOAE with a GTOCP4 controller. I had already read through the checklist you reference, and had done all of those things. I start the mount, start APCC and connect, then click on PEMPro from the setup screen. PEMPro starts. I click on connect scope, then get the "Unable to verify mount" message under the PEMPro v3 banner. I'm asking what set of conditions cause this message to appear. Is there some other connection I need to make? Is there another install step I've missed? Is there a security rule in Windows 10 causing a problem?  ????

Ray Gralak

I am not sure why you are having a problem. Can you try connecting directly to the mount via the AP V2 ASCOM driver? That is, shutdown APCC, and reconfigure the ASCOM driver to connect directly to the mount. Then connect to the mount via PEMPro.

-Ray

Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 9:56 AM

I'm sorry, apparently I'm not making myself understood. This is appearing after clicking connect in PEMPro
v3. The mount is an 1100GTOAE with a GTOCP4 controller. I had already read through the checklist you
reference, and had done all of those things. I start the mount, start APCC and connect, then click on PEMPro
from the setup screen. PEMPro starts. I click on connect scope, then get the "Unable to verify mount"
message under the PEMPro v3 banner. I'm asking what set of conditions cause this message to appear. Is
there some other connection I need to make? Is there another install step I've missed? Is there a security rule
in Windows 10 causing a problem? ????

Did you receive your mount in the last couple of months?

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of legendtrail via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 11:56 AM

I'm sorry, apparently I'm not making myself understood. This is appearing after clicking connect in PEMPro v3. The mount is an 1100GTOAE with a GTOCP4 controller. I had already read through the checklist you reference, and had done all of those things. I start the mount, start APCC and connect, then click on PEMPro from the setup screen. PEMPro starts. I click on connect scope, then get the "Unable to verify mount" message under the PEMPro v3 banner. I'm asking what set of conditions cause this message to appear. Is there some other connection I need to make? Is there another install step I've missed? Is there a security rule in Windows 10 causing a problem?  ????

legendtrail@...

Ray - I can try next session - may be a few days to a week away.

Marj - Yes, received mount in August.

Roland Christen

An AE mount doesn't use or need a PE curve.

Roland

Sent: Sat, Oct 2, 2021 11:55 am

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ray Gralak

I was able to reproduce the issue, and there is a workaround. If you would like to try the workaround, let me know. Otherwise, I'll publish a new build of PEMPro within the next couple of days to fix this issue.

-Ray

Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 10:22 AM

Marj - Yes, received mount in August.

legendtrail@...

Thanks Ray, I can wait a couple days no problem.

Roland, I wanted to try using the polar alignment routine.