From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2021 10:02 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Park Position 1 Warning

Due to my sloping roofline in my observatory and that my 1100 is a bit taller than my old mount, the only safe
place to park my mount is in park position 1. My problem is that the ASCOM driver is always warning me
about park position 1. Ticking the box telling it not to show me that warning again doesn’t work. No matter
what I do, I always get that warning, and it’s really starting to annoy me. I actually get this error twice. It
seems to happen when I fire up APCC, and again when the driver is fired up. Is there something wrong with
my config that is causing the no warning option to not persist, or is this a bug?

Alex

Chris White

Alex,

I use a user defined park position as I need to be slightly CW up from the park 5 position.  So, try a custom alt/az if one of the pre defined positions are not working for your situation.

M Hambrick

Hi Alex

Roland Parks his 175EDF / 1600 mount that stays in his Hawaii observatory in the Park 1 position for the exact same reasons that you describe. Note however that when I was there, I was using only the Keypad to control his mount.  I am not sure how Roland is currently running his mount because it has been a couple of years since I was there. I expect that when he is there himself, he is running the mount from his computer.

I think that Chris' suggestion to create a user defined park position is probably your best option.

Mike

Alex

If it can't be disabled, then why does the dialog have a "Don't show this warning again" checkbox?  Either make the checkbox work, or take it out if it doesn't do what it says.

Ray Gralak

If it can't be disabled, then why does the dialog have a "Don't show this warning again" checkbox? Either
make the checkbox work, or take it out if it doesn't do what it says.
What are the exact versions of APCC and driver that you are using? The behavior has already changed in the latest builds. It could be a file permissions issue on your computer when trying to save the check box state.

-Ray

If it can't be disabled, then why does the dialog have a "Don't show this warning again" checkbox? Either
make the checkbox work, or take it out if it doesn't do what it says.

Alex

I'm running APCC Pro 1.9.1.1 which I believe was some beta that update Horizons to work with the latest JPL ephemeris format, and the driver is 5.30.10.  If it's permission issues, what do I need to check?

Alex

Ray Gralak

I have not yet updated screenshots in their help files so they have not yet been posted officially, but these are the latest release builds resulting from earlier beta testing:

AP V2 driver 5.40.01:
https://www.gralak.com/apdriver/AstroPhysics_V2_Setup_5.40.01.exe

APCC Pro 1.9.3.1
https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.9.3.1.exe