OT: Attachments

Jeffrey D. Gortatowsky

As a software engineer for a huge online company I understand Rich's caution
completely. I also understand (pretty darn well) the way the virus' exploit
Outlook Express and other programs/technologies to due nasty things.

Nonetheless, rather than get into an off topic discussion, I would ask that
we use the files area, and others can specifically request the pics be sent
via email if interested. The reason I say this is where I work we give our
members explicit instructions to only open attachments from people you are
expecting them from and when in doubt, email or call people and find out if
they sent you one and what it is. Requesting pictures be sent to your email,
is doing exactly that.

Clear skies,
Jeff

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

The files area makes it really easy to share images. Anyone who would like
to upload images can go to this page to do so:

http://www.egroups.com/files/ap-gto/

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

As a software engineer for a huge online company I understand Rich's caution
completely. I also understand (pretty darn well) the way the virus' exploit
Outlook Express and other programs/technologies to due nasty things.

Nonetheless, rather than get into an off topic discussion, I would ask that
we use the files area, and others can specifically request the pics be sent
via email if interested. The reason I say this is where I work we give our
members explicit instructions to only open attachments from people you are
expecting them from and when in doubt, email or call people and find out if
they sent you one and what it is. Requesting pictures be sent to your email,
is doing exactly that.

Clear skies,
Jeff

Free Conference Calling with Firetalk!