old ap900 gto mount

vincent.visonneau

Hi

I would like to know is support is always on for an old mount (ap900gto, bought in 1999, i was a young man !).

It always work very well like the first day, CP1 was replaced by a cp3 about 5 years ago, cable and battery of keypad too.

The question is i don't know if part are available for an eventual troubleshooting...like motor broken or else?

Let me know.

Regards

Vincent from france

George

Vincent,

Yes, we service all our mounts regardless of age. Let me know if you have issues.

Regards,

George

George Whitney
Astro-Physics, Inc.
Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)
Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)
I would like to know is support is always on for an old mount (ap900gto, bought in 1999, i was a young man !).

It always work very well like the first day, CP1 was replaced by a cp3 about 5 years ago, cable and battery of keypad too.

The question is i don't know if part are available for an eventual troubleshooting...like motor broken or else?

Let me know.

Regards

Vincent from france

Shawn Johnston

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread. I have a similar situation with an old AP900GTO. I just acquired a CP3 with the v2 chip for it. What other upgrades are available for these mounts?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

--
Best regards,

Shawn L Johnston
shawn.johnston@...
USA +1 (701) 200-7974

Jeff B

There is always the CP4 upgrade, something I am considering.

Jeff

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 3:15 PM Shawn Johnston <shawn.johnston@...> wrote:
[...]

Roland Christen

We will keep supporting the 900 mount. We have parts and electronics for that mount (motors, bearings, gears etc).

I would like to know is support is always on for an old mount (ap900gto,
bought in 1999, i was a young man !).

It always work very well like the first day, CP1 was replaced by a cp3
about 5 years ago, cable and battery of keypad too.

The question is i don't know if part are available for an eventual
troubleshooting...like motor broken or else?

Let me know.

Regards

Vincent from france

Ken Sablinsky

To add my "two thumbs up" for the old 900 mount, I bought my 900 w/ CP2 new from AP in 1999.  A year ago I upgraded to the CP4 and added APCC Pro. This last year the RA motor encoder finally went out, and while they inspected it, they said the motor itself didn't have that much more life in it. So I got a new RA motor and also the electro-static discharge board. They also suggested I send in the Dec motor for the ESD board upgrade, but things are working well now so I guess I'm waiting for that motor to give out to replace it. I routinely get 0.5 arc-sec RMS when guiding in my sub-optimal skies -- I can't believe how well this has held up for 22 years and counting.

-Ken

Michael Hamburg

I too bought a used AP900 and cannot imagine a more well-designed and robust mount. It carries my Edge 11HD and Orion 80mm ED with ease. I have never before gotten such accurate guiding. Now if it could only part the clouds.

Best wishes, Michael

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 05:52:44 PM EST, Ken Sablinsky <kensablinsky@...> wrote:

To add my "two thumbs up" for the old 900 mount, I bought my 900 w/ CP2 new from AP in 1999.  A year ago I upgraded to the CP4 and added APCC Pro. This last year the RA motor encoder finally went out, and while they inspected it, they said the motor itself didn't have that much more life in it. So I got a new RA motor and also the electro-static discharge board. They also suggested I send in the Dec motor for the ESD board upgrade, but things are working well now so I guess I'm waiting for that motor to give out to replace it. I routinely get 0.5 arc-sec RMS when guiding in my sub-optimal skies -- I can't believe how well this has held up for 22 years and counting.

-Ken

Chris White

Edited

Another vote of confidence for the 900GTO.  Mine is from 2009 and performs brilliantly. I've got 61 pounds on it with a side by side setup.   I'm also using apcc pro, which I couldn't live without now.

I recently updated my pempro curve and found that the mount's native periodic error was under 4 arc seconds peak to peak.  After PEC, periodic error dropped to 0.2".

thefamily90 Phillips

I agree. I have an AP 900 goto which I have had for many years although I am not sure when it was made and it works perfectly! Astro-physics quality.

JimP

Another vote of confidence for the 900GTO.  Mine is from 2009 and performs brilliantly. I've got 61 pounds on it with a side by side setup.   I'm also using apcc pro, which I couldn't live without now.

I recently updated my pempro curve and found that the mount's native periodic error was under 4 arc seconds peak to peak.  After PEC, periodic error dropped to 0.2".

Tom Blahovici

I have an ap600 and just bought the cp4 upgrade last year. Still supported!