NO MORE GRAPHICS

Greg Mueller <mueller@...>

PLEASE no more graphics attachments posted to the list! If you want to
do this type of sharing do it off line PLEASE

--
Greg Mueller

I killed Kenny, m'kay?

Philip Perkins <philip@...>

PLEASE no more graphics attachments posted to the list! If you want to
do this type of sharing do it off line PLEASE
Yes, there's supposed to be a rule for _all_ mail lists not to post
attachments. Reason: it takes up disk space on hundreds of hard disks and
the content is likely to be totally irrelevant for most recipients. Also
it takes *time* to download this stuff - some of us are on slow links, not
because of choice, but often people are away traveling. I was surprised to
see a whole succession of *large* 604Kb attachments thudding into my hard
disk. Please post them on a web site instead!!

Thanks
--Philip

Philip Perkins - philip@astrocruise.com
Wiltshire UK & Luberon France
Astrocruise - http://www.astrocruise.com

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

These egroups are set up so it is up to the moderator whether or not to
allow attachments to messages to go out to users. I moderate my own group,
and I allow attachments to pass through, as does this group. I agree that
it's out of the ordinary to see graphics going out in group mail; I just
want to point out that the moderator has the power to eliminate that, or
not.

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

PLEASE no more graphics attachments posted to the list! If you want to
do this type of sharing do it off line PLEASE
Yes, there's supposed to be a rule for _all_ mail lists not to post
attachments. Reason: it takes up disk space on hundreds of hard disks and
the content is likely to be totally irrelevant for most recipients. Also
it takes *time* to download this stuff - some of us are on slow links, not
because of choice, but often people are away traveling. I was surprised to
see a whole succession of *large* 604Kb attachments thudding into my hard
disk. Please post them on a web site instead!!

Thanks
--Philip

Philip Perkins - philip@astrocruise.com
Wiltshire UK & Luberon France