NINA 2.0 BETA2004

michael mccann

Hi
It’s been long enough, maybe a month, I don’t see any nightly builds. Has everyone moved to NINA 2.0 Beta? Is it ready for AP mounts?

Cheers

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

It’s been long enough, maybe a month, I don’t see any nightly builds. Has everyone moved to NINA 2.0 Beta? Is it ready for AP mounts?
I have been using the nightly since the day I got mine late summer. Beta or Nightly there's always some risk a bug will get introduced in new versions, but it has been very stable.

And more is coming (I hear Ray and Dale are working behind the scenes on even more close coordination between the two).

It also has a synchronized dither/flip plugin for people with multiple imaging OTA's on one mount. My impression is it works but has been lightly used so far, but since AP mounts often carry a heavy load, that might be of interest also.

Linwood

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Linwood,

Synchronized dither/flip?   I was not paying attention.   You have my attention now.  That feature is the only thing I am really missing for my trio of scopes on the AP 1600.  I have been using the Beta now since it was published a few days ago and no issues.   I am going to look for that plug in.  I am so excited!

>>>   I am going to look for that plug in.  I am so excited!

  Please let us know how that goes, Interested but don't have the time to investigate that right now

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I need the weather to clear up a bit in S. Florida.  I have been collecting data with two or three cameras and scopes for a long time and coordinated dithering was a missing link.   Right now, I just throw away subs.   I shall see how this works.  I am also going to try out the new coordinated mount flip with APCC.  Have not tried much this year since the season is just starting for us down here.